project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: (Possibly not a bug) Buying/Selling amount discrepancy  (Read 4176 times)

Offline mfmeitbual

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
(Possibly not a bug) Buying/Selling amount discrepancy
« on: February 12, 2012, 02:37:33 pm »
I was able to reproduce this bug the following way:
Go to Buy/Sell Screen
Increase the quantity of an item, decrease the quantity of the item
The amount added back to your funds appears to be 90% when you decrease the quantity.  It seems to me that if there is going to be a "resale" penalty, that should be applied after the actual purchase takes place.  Otherwise an errant mouseclick could cost a play thousands of credits.

I searched the forum, docs, and FAQ and couldn't find that this behavior was documented or had already been reported as a bug.  I'm a first time poster here so please educated me if there is a resource I have missed.

Aside from that, thanks for the hard work.  I'm a software developer at my job (mostly web stuff) and when I get some free time, I'd like to be able to contribute to the effort and maybe fix a few bugs myself. :)

--- ADDENDUM ---
I originally did with with the AA51 Missile Launcher, but replicated it with every other piece of equipment I could buy/sell as well.  I'm thinking the 90% rate for selling is very purposeful, but as I mentioned earlier, that seems a little uncool considering that could cost a few grand for a misclick.  I'm not too sure about the whole buying/selling interface in general... seems it would be more functional in an invoice-type format where the player could see everything they were purchasing, etc.  I know that deviates significantly from the original game, but might be a good improvement.

Thanks,
m. meitbual

« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 02:52:13 pm by mfmeitbual »

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: (Possibly not a bug) Buying/Selling amount discrepancy
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 04:56:01 pm »
Selling has a cost penalty as you figured out, it's not a bug.

The other issue is a missing feature:
FR#1913891- confirm buying/selling
However it will be fixed as
FR#2014115 - Convert Market to a special Transfer
When I have enough time

-geever