project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Map finished!  (Read 22708 times)

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Map finished!
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2012, 04:25:09 pm »
Next problem — we try to no use textures with readable text, because of translation reason.

This is not mandatory, but desired.

Is it not possible to use a map only for missions in specific areas? There texts in a local language would seem logical. But of course that would limit a map's use if translations are preferred.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2012, 05:13:03 pm »
We have only rough approximations: western/easter/oriental/africa. At the moment we can't pin a map to a specific language area.

Offline Latino210

• Squad Leader
  • UFORadiant mapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2012, 06:29:05 pm »
Next problem — we try to no use textures with readable text, because of translation reason.

Yes, indeed. Take a look at the pic. However, the signs are just a "flavor note" to make the map more pleasing to the eye. You can find similar signs in all the world.

I have finished debugging the various errors. The stairs have been remade, the second floor is accessible, the -check gives me only some overlapping brushes errors that I have nor the time nor the will to fix. I have developed a lot of respect for the game level editors, it's quite a long and difficult job. Now, what about the civilians? Should I put some more? They will end up slaughtered in no time, the map is small and crawling with aliens.  Now I will need some playtesting, I have tried several skirmishes against aliens and I could not find any glitches. Please keep me posted if anyone can find any.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 01:36:45 am by Latino210 »

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #63 on: May 22, 2012, 12:59:57 pm »
please also post the map sources.

Offline Latino210

• Squad Leader