project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: geoscape message line updating  (Read 2338 times)

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
geoscape message line updating
« on: June 02, 2012, 11:14:24 pm »
Not sure if this should go here or in the bug forums/tracker - if I hover over the message line at the top of the screen and scroll the mouse wheel, I can look at older messages, and when I move the mouse away from the messages and the message list snaps back to a single line it continues to display an old message that I was viewing; all good so far, but when a new message arrives, the list is just moved one notch so another old message gets displayed a second time which is very confusing. When a new message arrives, it should be displayed instead of an old one!

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: geoscape message line updating
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 01:17:44 am »
Not sure if this should go here or in the bug forums/tracker - if I hover over the message line at the top of the screen and scroll the mouse wheel, I can look at older messages, and when I move the mouse away from the messages and the message list snaps back to a single line it continues to display an old message that I was viewing; all good so far, but when a new message arrives, the list is just moved one notch so another old message gets displayed a second time which is very confusing. When a new message arrives, it should be displayed instead of an old one!

hmmmm... tbh, I'm not sure that it is a bug. Player had scrolled the view, player sees a scrolled view....

-geever

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 07:33:39 am »
hmmmm... tbh, I'm not sure that it is a bug.
which is why I posted this here ;)
Player had scrolled the view, player sees a scrolled view....

-geever
yes, and whenever game halts for an event there's a message saying what's happening, player would be within reason to assume that since the message pane has updated the message being displayed would be for the current event which is not the case as when the message list "updated" it's just in fact displaying another old message, which is confusing whether it's a bug or not.

Offline paziek

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 09:22:13 am »
In fact I was sure it was some kind of bug and I'm getting delayed messaged. I even saved and loaded game with didn't help.
In my opinion this feature simply doesn't make sense. Scrolling is good, but not snapping to the top when new message arrives is weird... at least option to change that would be nice.