project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Weird Behavior after extracting 0ufos.pk3  (Read 3396 times)

Offline Dymond

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Weird Behavior after extracting 0ufos.pk3
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:50:41 am »
I wanted to try my hand at creating a new weapon so I extracted the 0ufos.pk3 files to the base\ufos subdirectory. After doing that and editing one of the UFO files I launched the client and opened my save game. When the game launched the world was missing but zooming brought it back. However all the text was now missing. I thought I had done something wrong with the UFO file so I renamed it and brought the original file back into the subdirectory and tried again with the same results. I thought maybe it was my save game so I fired up a new game and got the same issue. If I just delete or rename the base\ufos subdirectory the game launches fine. So right now just extracting the 0ufos.pk3 file into the base\ufos subdirectory is causing the game to not run correctly. Is this a bug or do I need to extract all of the PK3 files out in order to run the game? I'm running the 2.3.1 stable build.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Weird Behavior after extracting 0ufos.pk3
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 05:59:42 am »
please attach your ufoconsole.log after extracting the 0ufos.pk3

Offline Dymond

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Weird Behavior after extracting 0ufos.pk3
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 10:08:40 am »
OK that was odd.. even though I renamed the file I was tinkering with to .ufo1 and loaded the default file back from the pk3, it was still loading it. Once I moved it completely out of the ufos directory the game loaded fine.