project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Custom UI  (Read 39383 times)

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Custom UI
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 08:08:58 am »
Have not tried the newest version but is it now possible to disable the cloth effect?

You can remove it by editing the following code in /uidev/ufos/ui/_assets.ufo:

Code: [Select]
component texture screen
{
pos "0 0"
size "2048 1536"
bgcolor "0 0 0 0"
src "ui/screen"
ghost true
}

Remove all the text between { and }. I won't be making it an in-game selection in my mod.

I hadn't thought about sounds, but I'm not really disatisfied with the existing sounds. I'll think about it when it's close to the end. Don't even know how the UI sounds are set up...

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 11:52:02 am »
Well i just tested it and its awesome! But theres a little problem with widescreen: Screenshot
As you can see the globe is cropped.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 02:44:37 pm »
The globe is designed to be cropped.

Offline wizardelo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2012, 10:39:34 am »
first of all it looks nice, trying to get used to it, but i think im gona like it:)

i got a fast question about this gui: how to switch from right hand to left hand:) so i can use that one , except changing items in inventory window.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2012, 12:17:01 pm »
Hi wizardelo. If you are using the latest version released, you should see both hands in the weapon window IF there is an item in each hand. Clicking on the "small" window in the weapon panel will switch hands. The screenshot in this thread shows how it should look.

If it doesn't look like that, make sure you are using the latest version.

If it looks like that but you're not getting expected behavior, it could be a bug. Please describe in more detail what is happening.

Also, note that there are occasionally problems with this setup and the changing of firemodes when the other hand is holding a grenade. Not sure why.

Offline wizardelo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2012, 01:05:05 pm »
hey:) you was right, i had only the first version, i updated to latest gui version and now the switch hands button shows.

one more thing that i noticed after a couple of missions, sometimes the target (X) disappears from certain weapons and i have to fire blind :), especially after using medipack. never noticed this before, but i did update my game to a new build and that might be it also.
will try with default gui and see if this stlil happens

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 06:09:26 pm »
one more thing that i noticed after a couple of missions, sometimes the target (X) disappears from certain weapons and i have to fire blind :)

I have noticed this too and I have no idea why. It has been put on my "deal with it later" list. :)

Offline wizardelo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2012, 01:36:19 pm »
in the base menu, the soldiers button links me to alien containment ;) thats bad!

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2012, 02:14:54 pm »
in the base menu, the soldiers button links me to alien containment ;) thats bad!

Sorry, I should have provided a better list of what doesn't work, but basically every sub-menu in the base view is not changed. There is no such thing as a soldiers window in the old UI so I can not just link to the old window either.

Offline wizardelo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 02:32:03 pm »
mkai, where is the recruit personal :) i thought that was it

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 05:40:21 pm »
I would not recommend trying to play with this UI. It is very early in the development and I've just shared it so others can see where I am going. It's not functional enough for regular play.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:02:20 pm by H-Hour »

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 02:04:06 pm »
Code: [Select]
component texture screen
{
pos "0 0"
size "2048 1536"
bgcolor "0 0 0 0"
src "ui/screen"
ghost true
}

You also can add a property "visiblewhen" in that node and set a condition with a cvar, then it became customable without need of script hack.

Offline homunculus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2012, 07:31:07 pm »
Screenshot!
i rather like the canvas texture, but as far as the screenshot goes, does it really need to be on the base building graphics?
for consistency, will the canvas texture be also over the battlescape 3D part in the future?
well, i doubt that it was your intention, me saying that battlescape 3D and base buildings feel somewhat analogous.
on menus and things, i think the texture and the colors is great.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2012, 10:19:17 pm »
Thanks bayo. I won't be adding the option myself but others are welcome to do that in their own branch of the UI. Still it's a nice capability I wasn't aware of.

Offline wizardelo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2012, 11:06:01 am »
I would not recommend trying to play with this UI. It is very early in the development and I've just shared it so others can see where I am going. It's not functional enough for regular play.

well if ya can link the personal , i think i will enjoy being ur beta-tester:) the UI looks great :)