project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Latest builds less stable with Harvesters??  (Read 2606 times)

Offline dhatchen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Latest builds less stable with Harvesters??
« on: December 02, 2011, 06:16:56 am »
Hi,

Windows 7 Ultimate, Acer laptop, ATI Radeon

I was using nightly builds up until Nov 25 2011. About Nov 28, I switched to Muton's builds and his update system and am currently fully updated to latest (Dec 2 2011 DEBUG build 1322763308).

Before this switch I had few if any crashes back main screen when attempting to load the battle screen at a mission site. I now have many such crashes (about half) and there is one at Budapest on the attached saved game that locks up so bad that I need Ctrl-Alt-Del and kill the game once I give the confirmation to "Enter". The CPU load jumps to 50%.

The common thread seems to be missions where a Harvester is involved. I have no trouble with UFOs I have shot down (I have not shot down a Harvester since this build switch). It is only the Terror, Harvesting, and UFO Landed missions that fail this way.

My November 30 post "Teleporting Dropship" is part of what has appeared as well. I have had two more of these since I reported that one. I believe that all of these were Harvester related.

danh
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:20:25 am by dhatchen »

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Latest builds less stable with Harvesters??
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 08:06:07 am »
ufoconsole.log is the key
please upload

Offline dhatchen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 11:21:11 am »
...as requested, ufoconsole.log

any other?

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 11:55:09 am »
It looks to me like a ufoconsole.log from a later load. We would need a ufoconsole.log that was written during the game session in which you experienced the error. So if you can replicate it, or if you experience it, save and quit the game immediately afterwards and then attach the ufoconsole.log at that time.

Each time you load the game, the ufoconsole.log is overwritten with new information.

Offline dhatchen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 11:15:37 pm »
I re-boot ed my computer and all went away..go figure ???

Please ignore