project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: combatant-specific "aliens spotted" indicator  (Read 2198 times)

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
combatant-specific "aliens spotted" indicator
« on: November 21, 2011, 12:58:15 pm »
Near the upper right corner, there's a number indicating how many aliens have been spotted, but is it possible to determine which one of your soldiers has a line of sight on how many and which aliens? As I remember, the original xcom game worked this way; the number on top right indicated the aliens that the selected soldier could see, but in ufoai that number seems to be the total of aliens your squad as a whole can see. Is it currently possible to change it's behavior by changing a setting, if not, I for one would like to see it implemented.

Another thing: when my soldiers spot civilians, a line-of-sight line from the spotting soldier to the civilian is drawn, is it possible to display these lines at another time? For an example, click a button and see these lines of sight to any civilians/aliens the selected soldier can see.

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: combatant-specific "aliens spotted" indicator
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 04:16:57 pm »
Select troop of interess, press 't', count the red lines.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 08:21:25 pm »
Thanks!

How can I find out about stuff like this on my own so I won't need to bother you guys, the manual pages don't seem to mention this for an instance?

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 11:06:10 pm »
Sheer dumb luck.
It's not like asking a few question's gonna kill ya either.
But to be honest I do find the documentation rather...lacking.

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 11:18:56 pm »
Thanks!

How can I find out about stuff like this on my own so I won't need to bother you guys, the manual pages don't seem to mention this for an instance?

If you are playing v2.4dev: You can press F4 to open a "Keyinfo and General Help" window from anywhere in the game.
Keep in mind that this is still WIP, so a few of the key explanations might sound strange...