project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: city2 map  (Read 3830 times)

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
city2 map
« on: March 15, 2012, 12:58:44 pm »
It was often requested to have some city high rise map, there was even an earlier attempt to make it. This city2 map is what I made about it.

The troops land their dropship at the roof of the building and have to clear 3 levels downwards.

There is a drawback in using the dropships, as it makes the map rma, resulting in some additional time needed for rerouting before loading the map. Thus the total loading time is longer than I would like to have it. The pathfinding simply was not made for dealing with vertical stacking. Hopefully Duke will be able to improve this somehow.

Level 1

Level 2

Level 3 night version

The map is mostly done and available in single player skirmish mode in 2.5-dev. It could go into 2.4 release, but needs some testing before. So, as usual, everybody is invited to play and tell me about everything regarding the map here.

Also, if somebody wants to provide some textures, the map could use floor numbers significantly higher than 1 - 4, wich is somewhat low for the top of a city high rise  8). If somebody wants to take a shot, there might be usefull advice in the artwork section of our wiki.

Enjoy.

PS : Balasar again was first in (even before I managed to make this thread  ;)), reporting about the missing floor numbers on level "4".

Edit: Level numbers added
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:15:23 pm by ShipIt »

Offline iamaloner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: city2 map
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 02:41:39 pm »
The map looks good, anyway there should be more of these kind of maps...

There should be maybe even larger and twin towers connected at one of the floors...

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 05:07:14 pm »
... everybody is invited to play and tell me about everything regarding the map here.

iamaloner, wich part of the above sentence did you not understand?

If you have proposals, you can tell about them itt or as a feature request.

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:12:01 pm »
ShipIt, you're my Hero. This map looks awesome! :)

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 08:13:38 pm »
ShipIt, you're my Hero. This map looks awesome! :)

Thanks.

Also, this post reminded me that there are no sounds on the map yet.  :-[ I quickly added one, as a start. There will be more of them, as i finally managed to work through the /sound/ambience folder.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:28:50 pm by ShipIt »

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 08:24:21 pm »
There are no doors on the map. This is not because I could not or don´t want to make them or me beeing lazy. The only reason for this is a bug, wich completely destroys lighting on the map.

Every door for the map is already on my hd, so I am ready to go as soon as dev´s fixed the code.  8)