project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: RMA......possible for verticle levels?  (Read 4489 times)

Offline -Handle-

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
RMA......possible for verticle levels?
« on: November 08, 2011, 02:07:11 am »
I am playing around with the ufoRadient tool, and have constructed a Twin Towers tile, 8 levels (16 rooms).

I know the game can randomly assemble tiles to create a seemingly new event every time...
..my question:

Can the Twin Towers I built be assembled, by floor/level, randomly?
This way, the tower build (floors/levels) would be different every time, but the Terror Attack structure would be the same?

What I mean (differently worded) is:
If I build/submit, a bunch of levels, for above mentioned towers...and a skeleton for them...
...can they be RANDOMLY built...and assembled...INTO towers...for seemingly different playing missions?

FYI-
I still learning how to build maps, and now have several ready, and some buildings, but need more info...
...the Towers level can be split into individual level by level maps, if necessary?...
...I am patiently reading forums, but all help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Handle-
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 03:00:56 am by -Handle- »

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: RMA......possible for verticle levels?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 07:34:13 am »
Hi Handle, glad to see you're trying out UFORadiant. No, our RMA system can't stack one tile on top of another. I know Duke was looking into vertical stacking, but not sure if he expects to implement it at any point.

Offline -Handle-

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 12:55:50 am »
I read in one of the suggested maps, that a tower level, with a landing zone on the roof, was an idea...
...ascending/descending to complete the mission...

Has this already been done?

Also...
Some other suggested maps:
Famous Locations.

Have these been built, or if not, still be submitted?

Love this game, love the updates, been playing for years and years, and years.   8)

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 08:10:18 am »
I read in one of the suggested maps, that a tower level, with a landing zone on the roof, was an idea...
...ascending/descending to complete the mission...

Has this already been done?

Adjuchas was working on this but I don't think it was ever completed. More than one tower map is good too.

Also...
Some other suggested maps:
Famous Locations.

Have these been built, or if not, still be submitted?

No, we have no famous locations in our maps at the moment.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 01:02:05 pm »
note: I would not make map of the twin towers, it can call back bad memories for some people...

-geever

Offline -Handle-

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 12:07:40 am »
note: I would not make map of the twin towers, it can call back bad memories for some people...

-geever

I also thought of this...and have instead based design on a local dorm...however, completely understand.
I can easily add another tower into the tile...call it "the projects", or something.

I was really just curious about the random level assembly.  Neat idea, if possible.   8)

As for Famous Locations, I'm constructing/planning on other spots.  Pyramids...Eiffel...Leaning Tower...Great Wall?
Any other suggestions/challenges would be appreciated... Even if included in a later update, I'd love to contribute.

Thanks again!

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 04:15:42 pm »
Famous spots are most likely to be used for terror missions, so plan them with that in mind: lots of civilians around, etc.

The best maps will encouraging interesting tactical arrangements, mixing places where players can rely on snipers with places where players will rely on shorter range weapons, etc. Whether you're doing the pyramids, the eiffel tower, or whatever, try not to make it a few big objects in the middle of an open field. Make sure there are lots of things to hide behind.

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 04:36:49 pm »
Cars and copious quantities of corpses?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 10:12:05 pm »
Famous spots are most likely to be used for terror missions, so plan them with that in mind: lots of civilians around, etc.

The campaign framework doesn't support this (yet), so I think they can only be used for skirmish and multiplayer.

-geever

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 10:36:10 am »
... No, our RMA system can't stack one tile on top of another. ...

Something like that is possible. By making different tiles for each level the rma algo can be tricked into building a unique tower each time. I made an example for HowTo when I was working on +city2. Might be some kind of 'bad hack', though.

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 12:46:50 pm »
...I can easily add another tower into the tile...call it "the projects", or something...

Morpheus, please.