Archive > Bugs prior to release 2.4

Aircraft Production

<< < (2/4) > >>

geever:

--- Quote from: TallTroll on November 15, 2011, 11:41:29 am ---Shouldn't it be possible to build / store a small-size craft in a large hangar? A waste of resources, yes, but sometimes it might be preferable to use a large hangar that is free now than wait until a new small hangar is built somewhere

--- End quote ---

Shouldn't.

-geever

Gren:

--- Quote from: geever on November 15, 2011, 12:09:52 pm ---Shouldn't.

-geever

--- End quote ---

Wonderful informative reply - thanks geever.  :-X

Crystan:
Probably the big hangers have docking devices that arent compatible with smaller crafts. ;)

TallTroll:
That's obviously not the case... PHALANX craft are all V/STOL, so basically just need a flat bit of hard standing to operate from. All weapons are interchangeable, so there's not even an objection in terms of reloading from different racks etc.

Even if the final reason is that devs CBA to implement it, that's fine. There are probably better things to spend limited dev time on anyway, and I rather doubt it's something anyone would want / need to do often anyway. However, it might be useful to have it as an option sometimes

Nutter:

--- Quote from: TallTroll on November 17, 2011, 10:16:18 pm ---That's obviously not the case... PHALANX craft are all V/STOL, so basically just need a flat bit of hard standing to operate from...

--- End quote ---

Actually, if the Ufopaedia didn't change its mind, it says the things land via autopilot and the pad hooking the craft from below. I can see how the latter would have some issues with a size difference.
The main issue is stated to be fuel lines. And I guess a Stiletto could have issues with a Firebird sized fuel line that simply make it not worth the trouble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version