project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: 2.4 Rescue Mission  (Read 3143 times)

Offline Dymond

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
2.4 Rescue Mission
« on: December 05, 2011, 11:59:18 pm »
I'm not sure where to put this since I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if its a bug. I recently had a transport get shot down and a rescue mission was created from it. When I scrambled a team to go get them, the map was empty except for a few civilians. I searched every building and farm house but didn't find anything. I'm not sure if I am missing something obvious or if there is a problem with this type of mission? I searched the site before posting this but didn't see anyone asking the same question.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: 2.4 Rescue Mission
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 10:35:40 am »
Is it reproducible? If so, please upload the ufoconsole.log and the quicksave created on starting that mission, please. Thanks!

-geever

Offline homunculus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 10:42:04 am »
did you fire a shot?
a year ago, or maybe two years ago, i once had a mission with no aliens, and i just fired one shot and the mission was over.

Offline Dymond

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 08:03:31 am »
Geever.. I haven't tried it yet.. I exited out of the mission and pulled up a saved game.. If I get another rescue mission I'll let you know..

Offline homunculus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 09:27:53 am »
i think i remember a save called 'oneshotmission' so i might have a save of such mission, but it is from an older version, probably from about a year ago.
if so, what should i do with it?

Offline Duque Atreides

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 08:57:28 pm »
When i made my first rescue mission, i was to shoot at the sticks around the crashed firebird to finish the mission.

I think that this mission is not usefull, because thereĀ“s no aliens. In fact, the Earth is populated by human bay the time the game is started. In UFO AFTERMATH, the Earth falled down and the aliens roaming for all places, this mission had more sense. But in this game, the only reason for exist, is for save your team.

So, i think that must be an automission ever, and not a playable mission.