project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Back playing after a year - some issues  (Read 3322 times)

Offline dhatchen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Back playing after a year - some issues
« on: October 17, 2011, 03:27:04 am »
Asus K52N laptop AMD Turion II P540 Dual-core 2.4GHz 6GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit
ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200 with AMD M880G

v2.4-dev IA-32 OCT 7 2011 Win32 DEBUG build 1317990189 (Muton's package)

No config or logs or dumps as these are in general, everywhere. Do have screen shots.
Turned off much of the better graphics and resolution to make it playable.

1) Frame rate cut in at least half on geoscape of battle screen. I have an ATI and this problem is known.

2) Aircraft screen. I have a Firebird and a Stiletto. Clicking in to the screen or from Stiletto does not display Soldiers Tab. I need to click Equioment and then the Tab appears.

3) Alt-Tab while battle is loading = freeze

4) Firebird on the battle screen show the graphic frame (yellow lines)(Firebird.jpg)

5) Parkade Big city battle screen. Ground level is level 2. Switch to level 1 and get black screen with a few graphic framework lines.

6) Unable to get past door on second story of bar (Blocking.jpg on same map as Firebird.jpg)

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Back playing after a year - some issues
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 05:26:26 am »
1) Frame rate cut in at least half on geoscape of battle screen. I have an ATI and this problem is known.
Your version is old you are missing speed optimizations from more recent versions.
2) Aircraft screen. I have a Firebird and a Stiletto. Clicking in to the screen or from Stiletto does not display Soldiers Tab. I need to click Equioment and then the Tab appears.
I fear I don't understand you.
4) Firebird on the battle screen show the graphic frame (yellow lines)(Firebird.jpg)
That's the (temporal) rescue zone marker, it should be replaced when someone comes up with something better.
5) Parkade Big city battle screen. Ground level is level 2. Switch to level 1 and get black screen with a few graphic framework lines.
Level 1 was space reserved for the subway IIRC, but this map was removed from the current version, might be redone in the future (maybe).
6) Unable to get past door on second story of bar (Blocking.jpg on same map as Firebird.jpg)
You can't walk through doors! You need to close the door first (Backspace key).

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 10:22:22 am »
Welcome back. We now have nightly builds available that you might want to check out.

You can't walk through doors! You need to close the door first (Backspace key).

I hope a button will be made in the Battlescape HUD to make this more clear before 2.4 is released.

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 01:31:27 pm »

This should be fixed in latest master. See here:

http://ufoai.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=ufoai/ufoai;a=commit;h=91aacfed8b551201a6b950af0e1d0d5f4bdc9fc6

Offline dhatchen

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 04:28:20 am »
I went to the nightly builds and these issues went away.

I had to turn off the GLSL shaders to get any speed enhancements. I get the same frame rate regardless of the screen now. I do miss not having the city lights showing on the night side.

1) When the game crashes, I am asked if I want to send in the console and config logs . I say yes. Are these sent in automatically or do I need to send them manually?

2) The wide open farm with few obstacles often has holes in the landscape as the screen shots show. I went to a newer nightly build and have not seen this lately.(Hole1,2,3 jpg)

3) Same map as above, there is a vertical steel plate or some such in the middle of a grassy area(Plate.jpg).

4) There should be a way to check on the in-flight transfers so I can check ETAs and cargo en route.

5) Click on Base Summary. When one clicks on the icons for the other bases, there is no name change feedback so you know which you are on.

6) When two(or more) identical missions reach their respective destinations at approximately the same time, it can be difficult to figure out which one you are working with from the Enter, Auto Mission, or Cancel dialog screen.

regards,
danh