project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: desert_rock new map WIP  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Llamageddon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
desert_rock new map WIP
« on: September 09, 2011, 05:35:10 pm »
Hi, I just thought I'd start a new thread for the map I'm working on now I have a clear plan and prototype sketched up on paper. I'm making the RMA much simpler. I have a very rough around the edges example of the main feature which will be the centre of the basic 6x6 tile map taking up the middle 6 horizontal. It is a canyon and cave system running underneath two rocky plateaus with a fallen rock bridge connecting the two sides. Two other main tile ideas I am planning for the RMA are a 2x2 ancient ruins tile and a 2x2 oasis tile.

Keeping in mind that I am focussing on the map actually working correctly for game-play before adding more detail, constructive criticism is welcome.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: desert_rock new map WIP
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 09:46:04 pm »
Looks like a good idea! This type of map will be most commonly used for crashed ufos (in the middle of nowhere), so it might be a good idea to think about how you could incorporate the crashed ufos. Maybe some skidmarks, broken rocks or other crash effects, if that's something you think might work into your RMA plan well.

Crashed ufos are available as prefabs if you want to have a look at them.

Offline Llamageddon

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 08:55:58 pm »
Hi, just wanted to let you know I haven't abandoned this map, just been busy lately. Should have a good update next week.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 09:15:34 pm »
Sounds good! Looking forward to it.