project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: base building idea: Rec Room  (Read 3160 times)

Offline bluereaper75

• Rookie
    • View Profile
base building idea: Rec Room
« on: July 22, 2011, 11:11:59 am »
I noticed something while playing today. If this were a real military conflict (lets say for the sake of this argument), morale would be at an all time low. For the soldiers fighting the invasion, they go into battle several times a day and lose close friends all the time. lets not forget the fact that there is no rest/relaxation for them.

so, i propose a rec room building for bases as a means of boosting the morale of your soldiers (keeping them from going insane with rage in the field, which i find annoying when it happens).

what do people think?

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: base building idea: Rec Room
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 11:23:37 am »
This has already been removed once from the game in the form of Team Room.

Offline jerm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 08:42:32 am »
Wow... honestly did not think about that. But I don't think it's worth having a base module dedicated to it. Who said the agents weren't allowed to have personal entertainment within their living quarters? I think from a gameplay point-of-view, it would be too much trouble having to worry about troop morale outside of combat.

Offline Vassilios de Veritas

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 07:47:06 pm »
Well, maybe they play cards sometimes, or ping-pong on table in living quarters.
Each soldier receives 1 bunk and 1 locker partition to store their personel effects such as civilian clothes.
This is from  Living Quarters description. I think that "civilian clothes" mean that they sometimes leave base and can get some RnR.

Offline bustead

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 07:40:35 am »
Wow... honestly did not think about that. But I don't think it's worth having a base module dedicated to it. Who said the agents weren't allowed to have personal entertainment within their living quarters? I think from a gameplay point-of-view, it would be too much trouble having to worry about troop morale outside of combat.
I think you can bring Xbox3600 and PS9(it is 2084 right?) into the base and card games are quite fun either.

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 05:25:08 pm »
I think that "civilian clothes" mean that they sometimes leave base and can get some RnR.

Probably only once a month though. At best. I doubt a super secret anti alien organisation would give you much civvie time.
And they'd probably go stark raving mad in a few months if all their spare time was during their leave.