project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Fun stuff for later...  (Read 1859 times)

Offline jerm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Fun stuff for later...
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:23:28 am »
Not requesting this immediately, but just some food for thought in a later build. I thought it would be fun to insert little "easter eggs" in the game just so players can have a chuckle once in a while.
  • On December 25th, all aliens will be equipped with X'mas armor (equivalent to nano armor) which consists of a red fur-trimmed conical hat and a red fur-trimmed jacket. All aliens will also be equipped with kerr blades reskinned to look like candy canes and plasma grenades reskinned to look like gift-wrapped boxes. The x'mas armor can be researched and used by Phalanx agents but not produced in workshops.
  • Original X-com 1 screenshot on one of the monitors in Phalanx base defence missions

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Fun stuff for later...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:03:53 am »
Not requesting this immediately, but just some food for thought in a later build. I thought it would be fun to insert little "easter eggs" in the game just so players can have a chuckle once in a while.
  • On December 25th, all aliens will be equipped with X'mas armor (equivalent to nano armor) which consists of a red fur-trimmed conical hat and a red fur-trimmed jacket. All aliens will also be equipped with kerr blades reskinned to look like candy canes and plasma grenades reskinned to look like gift-wrapped boxes. The x'mas armor can be researched and used by Phalanx agents but not produced in workshops.
  • Original X-com 1 screenshot on one of the monitors in Phalanx base defence missions

1. I don't see any fun in that.
2. It would harm licence of XCOM1.

-geever

Offline jerm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 03:04:47 am »
 :P
No prob. I suppose different people have different definitions of fun. I guess I'll just have to learn to code and do 3d models then make my own patch.  ::)

Offline jerikojerk

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 09:50:18 pm »
so please do the model and the textures so you can demonstrate your point ... and let's try.