project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Problem w/ 8/23 build  (Read 3681 times)

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Problem w/ 8/23 build
« on: August 24, 2011, 05:11:25 am »
I downloaded the latest win32.zip build that's out on the dowload page today & extracted the files then copied the files into the game folder but I get a could not get super window "iaircraft" error when starting the program. I've been running the game under an 8/10 build (not sure what actual build it is as it doesn't say at the bottom of the main menu screen). I copied my old files back (8/10 version) & started the game fine then redid the 8/23 build & had the same problem again. Attached is my crashdump, ufoconsole & savegame (if that's needed) Did I miss something in the download/copy that's new in this build or did it possibly get corrupted in download?

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: Problem w/ 8/23 build
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:46:21 am »
you are only using the binaries? not the full installer, no?

you can't mix data files of an older version with new binaries.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:52:04 am »
Yeah, UI script syntax has changed, you need to update your scritps too.

-geever

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 12:08:52 am »
So I'll need to download the full installer? I had downloaded just the binaries a couple of times since I'd installed the 2.4 dev & copied those files over & it had been working fine until now. TIA

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 07:46:52 am »
Yes, you'll need the full installer. Often just the binary is enough to get the daily changes but every now and then there is a change that requires an update to several of the other files.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 12:24:00 am »
I downloaded the full install version from the nightly build last night & I'm still having the same problem. I had an older install version of dev on my pc that default installed into the Users/Public folder on my pc but the install version I downloaded last night put it into the Program Files folder so I though this might be something to the problem. I then uninstalled both versions from my pc & any other files assoc w/ either then I reinstalled the new version but still have the same problem. I get the msg to upload the crashdump & console.log files but I only see the console.log file on my pc & can't find the crashdump file anywhere but assume it's close to the same listed in my first post. I did say yes to upload it while I was connected to the internet so I don't know if you've got it somewhere or not but I've only got the console.log file attached. I can use the last full version that Muton posted (1301086950 build I think) then the update to 1310245344 then copy the 8/10 binaries over those & things work fine but somewhere between the 8/10 builds & this version something isn't working for me even w/ clean install.

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 01:20:56 pm »
You still use old ufo files (0ufos.pk3) - so something went wrong with your operations ;)

Simply just use the full nightly build installer - and then start ufo from the dir you installed to (use a new dir).

One additional problem you will encounter is that you also have to remove the old keys.cfg as this also has changed - this is the only thing you would have to do manually, see:

http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Manual:FAQ

(under General) if you do not know where to find the keys.cfg file.