project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: More development on the UFO Yards displayed info & management  (Read 2164 times)

Offline UFOtonic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
More development on the UFO Yards displayed info & management
« on: August 23, 2011, 04:03:25 pm »
I'm sure that UFO AI coders are already aware that currently in v2.4, when clicking on an UFO Yard, the window that appears only provides the Destroy button. I miss some things that would improve player's decisions making & entertainment.

- First, the UFO Yard window should display its "Stored UFOs/Total Capacity" ratio, in the same way that it can be seen each time a mission is successfully completed and you have at least one available UFO yard (I'm reffering to the "UFO Storing/UFO Selling" window).

- It should also reflect the number of UFOs of each type that are stored in it, or maybe even the content that can be recovered by dissassembling each one. In both cases, it would provide an overview of your UFO recovery/dissassembly situation. And you could also wisely decide which UFO Yard do you prefer to destroy, in case you need to do that for strategy needs (for example, when needing another type of installation while having reached the limit - 3 per base).

- Further, imagine that you WANT to recover one specific UFO, but you have no free space on any of your operative UFO yards. Let's be realistic. Have you really to wait until you have money/time to inaugurate a brand new UFO Yard? Can't you throw one stored UFO away (even "not having time to sell it") to get some free space? Why not implementing the possibility of selecting&rejecting any not-really-valuable stored UFO to get the free space you want/expect to use very soon... Currently, if you store a UFO, you are condemned to disassemble if to get rid of it. For this reason, I find the UFO Yard's storage system excessively inflexible.

- Last, the UFO Yard window could also include a button to consecutively jump from one UFO Yard to the others, exactly in the same way you browse from consecutively from the main screen of any Base to the main screen to the others.

Regards,
UFOtonic

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: More development on the UFO Yards displayed info & management
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 06:13:07 pm »
I'm totally aware what should be improved on UFO Yards, they're not forgotten.

-geever

Offline Rodmar

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 02:50:06 pm »
Please, add a "Sell" button next to the "Destroy" (alien ship) button.
You are given the opportunity to sell a derelict at the mission's end, and Nations wouldn't be interested thereafter anymore ?

When you are scheduling to retrieve a bigger ship soon, and your UFOyards are full, selling an UFO would make sense.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 05:00:48 pm »
It is planned, but for that I need to redesign the whole UFO selling infrastructure.

-geever