project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: transfer/buy/sell tousands faster  (Read 3632 times)

Offline Eka

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
transfer/buy/sell tousands faster
« on: August 09, 2011, 08:02:12 am »
Hey guys.
Yesterday I tried to transfer alien materials from my disassemble ufo's base to my production base. After a while of pressing the transfer button I got to 3000. It's pretty depressing. Ofcourse afterwards I immediately lost an air fight before I had a chance to save and had to Load. Decided to continue playing on other day, mostly because I had no nerves for another transfer making...
Maybe you can make the nubmers growth faster after few hundreds, so thousands will be achievable too.

(btw last update of 2.4dev made graffics much more realistic! don't know why though... couldn't find that update stated in july updates)  ::)

Offline Nutter

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: transfer/buy/sell tousands faster
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 01:31:15 pm »
Alternatively, a simple 'type in how much of the stuff you want moved' window would be lovely if possible.

Offline Eka

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 02:18:00 pm »
Alternatively, a simple 'type in how much of the stuff you want moved' window would be lovely if possible.
Thought about it, whatever is easier to do is good if it helps with the problem.

Offline jerikojerk

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 12:56:36 am »
i'm having the same issue... but i'm transfering alien material for Stinger (up to 9000), maybe having 2nd row of button counting for 10% of the merchandise would be great . hopefully you can hold the button down...

And the finest anti micro-management thing would be having a screen that recap all the transfert (and when they will arrive) and a automation to transfert things (cargo) like antimatter from base where you dissassemble ufos and bases where you land your interceptors. it may be a hard time to develop a gui that allow "programming" that but after that, there is already an event that trigger a message when aircraft has refuelled so triggering the automation tool to fetch some AM should be far from impossible. but i'm not developper.

Offline beng

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 12:40:38 pm »
I would like to bump up this topic. I am playing UFOAI 2.5 and the transfers are a real pain. I have 3 bases where UFOs are disassembled to get the antimatter, and when I want to transfer antimatter to another base by the hundred I have to spend ages clicking the arrow icon to increase the number. Spinning the mouse wheel does not help much either.

It would be really helpful to have a box to type in a number of items to transfer, or to have the numbers increase fast while you hold down the mouse button like in the original XCOM game. The same should go for the selling or building screens.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 03:55:27 pm »
Holding down <SHIFT> + scrolling the mousewheel works well.

Offline anonymissimus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 05:11:17 pm »
In 2.6 the factor for shift speed increase has been raised to 100. For transfers only, not buying. I find this useful for transferring antimatter or alien materials only. In all other cases, it's painful, since I very more often want to transfer or sell/buy a number of items in another category wich is 10, 20, 30 or so.
Before transferring or selling/buying a large number of antimatter or alien materials, restart the game. Makes the mousewheel much faster.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 08:55:36 pm »
I started rebuilding the transfer (and market) screen(s), the new one(s) will have (textedit) boxes for the amounts.

-geever

Offline beng

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2015, 11:54:54 am »
I started rebuilding the transfer (and market) screen(s), the new one(s) will have (textedit) boxes for the amounts.

-geever

Great! That will be especially useful for antimatter and alien materials transfers.