project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Newbie's Idiot Questions  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Ethereal

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Newbie's Idiot Questions
« on: August 01, 2011, 11:47:10 am »
Hi,

Yep you guessed I'm new here.  So far I think that this is a great game and can't compliment it enough.  Just two questions which probably show how new I am here.

1) Is there a limit to the number of scientist that I can employ?  I've had two bases for a while now and have only managed to employ 80 scientist (I find it gets me through the research quicker).  Is that it for scientists or will more become available?

2) Also is the Scout UFO an integral part of any research trees.  As I was a bit greedy early on in the game and just kept selling them and now don't seem to be encountering them, so may have shot myself in the foot here.

Thanks for any help you can offer and keep up the good work.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie's Idiot Questions
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 11:59:02 am »
1) Is there a limit to the number of scientist that I can employ?  I've had two bases for a while now and have only managed to employ 80 scientist (I find it gets me through the research quicker).  Is that it for scientists or will more become available?

There is no limit on employees that I know. You will get more at the end of the month if you support nations well.

2) Also is the Scout UFO an integral part of any research trees.  As I was a bit greedy early on in the game and just kept selling them and now don't seem to be encountering them, so may have shot myself in the foot here.

I don't remember any branch that would require Scout but I'm sure scouts will appear again, they're not limited to the early game only.

-geever

Offline Ethereal

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie's Idiot Questions
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 09:44:57 pm »
Geever,

Thanks for the reply it was very useful I'll play through the game for a while and see what comes up.  Thanks again.