project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Thanks for the great game!!! (and some ideas for discussion:))  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Eka

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Hey guys.
I'm playing 2.4 dev latest version, and first of all I must admit that this is already probably the best ufo turn base game ever. And more, all of you guys who work on it are like childhood dream come true. So first of all… THANK YOU!!!
I have a few ideas/comments after playing a while, didn't found them on forum:
1.The most problematic thing is health bar/injures/ medikit/hospital issue. I read  comments on it, so I  know you guys working on it. I think the system of injuries from first ufo (hope it is really from first ufo and I'm not mixing it with something else, because already past few years I played it  ::) ) was the best.
Red line as health bar, 3 kinds of injuries highlights:
1.1 Permanent (starting from right, growing to the left, red become black, when it come over the whole life line solder dies) that can only be healed in hospitals on bases.
1.2 Damage that can be healed by medikit (like permanent starts from right side of the bar, some of the damage is not becoming black but red/black/red line, can be healed with medikit, the line become shorter with turns, meaning the subject is dying, if only this kind of line is left the subject become unconscious, aliens wont stop trying to kill unconscious subject, if healed come back to the game but all equipment that was in his hands is on the ground, if mission ends with success all that kind of damage is healed).I remember there is different ratio of permanent/not permanent from different weapons.
1.3 Shock (starts from left, growing to the right, if meets one previous lines subject become unconscious, shock line become smaller and can be healed with medikit, means unconscious subject can become conscious by himself or if healed by medikit have less chance to lose conscious from next hit).
In any case usually it is hard to take aliens alive with playing with damage, usually they will be killed, but with careful shooting can be done. With careful shooting usually you do take heats to!
All this kinds of damage shouldn't be available on autoplay.

2. Most of the times we do more than one tactical mission in row. What happens now is that all the equipment arranged from base supplies.
Example: I went on terror mission, collecting few scouts/fighters on the way. Than I took down another 3-4 ufo's. I see that I going to run out some ammo. I'm going to buy/sell in base and buy that ammo.  That’s it, the ammo is on the plane.
Well it is really bothering me, though it is easier for me. There is few ideas I thought about. The simple solution is allowing to decide how many ammo I'm taking on the plane with the soldiers. If they run out I need to come to base.
Of course the more interesting solution will be entering the soldiers ammunition on the plain while in the air and making changes. Example: I run out of some ammo,  so I enter plane ammunition and take some plasma pistols/rifles instead for the last few scouts.

3. It takes 1 (TU) to turn any amount of degrees in tactical. You don’t need any (TU) to turn for moving or shooting. That just doesn't seems right. Maybe there should be like 1 (TU) for 90 degrees turning, also for moving and shooting. 45 degrees turn wont cost (TU's) but another 45 degrees turn right after first one will cost that 1 (TU).
It is small matter, but it will be nice to have it.

4. In ufopedia written that scouts and fighters can't land. But the fact is that scouts do land for some missions and fighters attack bases. So it should be corrected in ufopedia.

5. Sometimes after I shoot with a character his/her (TU's) isn’t changing visually. Example: I shoot with rifle auto fire (18 TU's) and my (TU line) hadn’t changed, so I won't to shoot auto fire again, I press the button to shoot but nothing happen. If I'll move or ever turn around the (TU) will show me the right amount.
Not really a problem, just something I noticed. I'm playing on macbook with highest video settings, so maybe it freezes or something.

6. I enjoying simple weapons, machine guns, rifles, sniper rifles… and I have to produce ammo. I really cant understand why such an organization that getting support from all the nations… can't by from them enough ammo to shoot aliens?

7. There was an issue of to many ufos and to many missions, in other words very slow progression in the game. Well I really enjoying from that slow progression. As I see it, it's like in civilization you could choose different speed of campaign. Some liked a very fast one, with research running from stone age to space era. I always chose an epic campaign, so I don't think there is something that need to be changed (just my opinion).

8. I never sow an alien fire automatic fire or burst or 3 rounds… nothing like this, even from zero distance.

9. And a question  ;D. If  I upgrade my OS to LION, can it bug the game? (My wife really bugging me about installing it).

Offline Mantakno

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for the great game!!! (and some ideas for discussion:))
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:42:49 pm »
hi

yeah i notice the wounded soldia has some issus ..

only have a 5-10 battles so first soldia got hit and was hard to see just a low life... plenty of things that can be done to improve that
red blood under soldia key(place) or something like that or stun or whatever you come up with is fine