project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Version 2.4 dev - No alien armor  (Read 4171 times)

Offline Quercus_pt

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Version 2.4 dev - No alien armor
« on: August 01, 2011, 01:58:15 am »
Hi,
1st of all, great work done here! this is my 1st post since i was always able to find the other ploblems/bugs on the logs or on other topics, yet im having a problem on research in 2.4 version. Although i have killed many (oh so many!) taiman and orknots with full body armor, even getting some alive, i havent manage to get the alien armor reserch proposal to get the nano armor! I though it would show up with time, but since i already reached the stingray interceptor and alien comunication i guess something was wrong... now they are starting to show up with the needler gun and the beam guns, so i guess my combar armor wont resist that much!
I have the aliens, already killed many with armor, have all the previous researchs, including the molecular blade but still... no alien armor!
I couldnt find this on the logs, but i guess i am not the only one with this problem... am i!!

I can i solve this?

Cheers,

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Version 2.4 dev - No alien armor
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 04:40:59 am »
It's a known bug, and it's already fixed! :)

Guess you need to get the latest version - via Git or Nightly builds

Offline Quercus_pt

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 09:41:18 am »
Hi,
Thanks a lot!
I guess i didnt reconized my bug like i should... i started playing last week. Im a zero skilled guy when it comes to coding or even using the simplest of the software... i though i had the latest version... i used the nightly builds and it seams to be workking well ;). Thanks a lot

I am Portuguese so i guess i could help on translations, but again, no skill on coding, still i could translate things and send them to someone that knows how to put them on the right places, pm me if portuguese translaters are  needed.

Cheers,

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 12:45:17 am »
I was noticing the same problem on my build that Muton posted on 7/10 (just started having the missions where they were equipped with it). Which of those posted in your post gets me just the update to my build instead of the whole game? Is it the zip file of 19m?

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 01:50:03 am »
@jcjordan
The .zip file contains only the game binaries (should work if your data is recent enough) the .exe file is the full installer.

@Quercus_pt
There's no need to touch the code at all to help translate the game, if you are interested see: this wiki page.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 05:07:12 am »
Forgive the UFOAI for dummies questions but if I download one of those from your link, I'll be getting a build later than 1310245344? If I download the zip file, all I'd have to do is simply copy them over what I've currently got?

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 04:13:06 pm »
Yes, Nightly builds are generated from latest master daily (actually nightly ;D) at least for windows, and yes, that should work, don't forget to overwrite game.dll

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 12:11:00 am »
Thanks