project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Bug: the (new) mission icon shifts  (Read 1970 times)

Offline UFOtonic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Bug: the (new) mission icon shifts
« on: July 22, 2011, 08:46:39 pm »
Reproducible bug.
Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (Service Pack 1), NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M   
UFO: Alien Invasion 2.4-dev IA-32 jul 10 2011 Win32 DEBUG Build 1310245344

I attach a savegame with my dropship leaving the phalanx base to do its first mission that appeared in the game, a "landed OVNI" one located in the Asian Republic. You should keep a slow geoscape speed to not miss a detail. While the dropship is approaching, the "Landed OVNI" location changes (the icon shifts). Note that if the new location is remote ehough, it seems that the alert has disappeared, but the alert message remaing (top left corner of the geoscape screen).

In my first try  the icon shifted to USA. Anyway, the dropship continued its original path, reached the original location and I could start the mission. However, in the middle of playing the map, I suddenly returned to the geoscape screen (second bug). The second try I was able to complete the mission, despite even in Difficult Level fighting 5 aliens with plasma pistols just in the first mission seems a bit anomalous.

I reloaded the game very times. Sometimes the alert disapears (=the landed ovni leaves) before you reach it, sometimes you are able to reach it. The mission location always shifts but the mission icon (mission type) never changes.

Hope this info is enough.
I think it would be useful to edit the page "Where can I find the savegames, screenshots, config.cfg and ufoconsole.log?" (http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Manual:FAQ)? It does not mention that Windows 7 places the savegames in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\UFOAI/2.4-dev/base/save/