project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Indication of the difficulty level  (Read 1908 times)

Offline UFOtonic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Indication of the difficulty level
« on: July 22, 2011, 12:56:08 pm »
(Sorry if I am wrong) As far as I know, there is no way to check what difficulty level you are playing, neither in-game nor in saved games list. For example, I like to play various games "at the same time" (different difficulties, different strategies); sometimes I consider to continue playing an old savegame, but it is not so obvious to deduce what the difficulty was.

Maybe this info detail can be included somewhere: at the top of the "statistics page" that is accesible from the geoscape screen, on the top right corner of the geoscape screen, on the list of savegames... Just an idea. Difficulty level is an important information, isn't it?  ;)

V2.4 is becoming really attractive with the last releases. Good work!

Offline jerikojerk

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Indication of the difficulty level
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 01:57:08 pm »
this information exists in the savegame xml (and at the beginning). if you realy need this peace of information you save your game in not compressed mode and hex editor power...

Offline UFOtonic

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 03:07:36 pm »
Thanks, jerikojerk. I did not notice that.

Offline jerm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 02:53:40 am »
Just a thought, when saving the game, name it "Normal Campaign" or "Hard Campaign" instead of "Save 01"(or whatever you use). Unless you're like one of those RP guys and you want to save it as "Captain's Log: Stardate 186635".  ;D