project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: save/load game issue  (Read 3331 times)

Offline jerikojerk

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
save/load game issue
« on: July 11, 2011, 01:20:22 am »
i'm playing rev 872cba305079148305833e7ff6e85fd6a32d8c9e (don't you love git ?), i found a bug about the savegame.

Actually the generated xml tree does contain encoding issues some times (try playing french with "é","è"), not always i'm still trying to guess what must be the condition to have it happend.

There is also an issue that make when saving "flying" ufos. A node is often unvalid (xpath is /savegame/UFOs/craft[first]@missionid) for the attribute  missionid, can be not set or can be set with junk...

i guess correct value would be found at /savegame/missions/mission[last()]@id

i'm playing on ubuntu, if anyone can confirm...

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: save/load game issue
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 04:44:01 am »
i'm playing rev 872cba305079148305833e7ff6e85fd6a32d8c9e (don't you love git ?), i found a bug about the savegame.

Actually the generated xml tree does contain encoding issues some times (try playing french with "é","è"), not always i'm still trying to guess what must be the condition to have it happend.

There is also an issue that make when saving "flying" ufos. A node is often unvalid (xpath is /savegame/UFOs/craft[first]@missionid) for the attribute  missionid, can be not set or can be set with junk...

i guess correct value would be found at /savegame/missions/mission[last()]@id

i'm playing on ubuntu, if anyone can confirm...

This bugreport is hardly usable. You didn't really say what's wrong. However I just fixed some compatibility issues on changing mapDef IDs - after the commit U used. Please update and if you still encounter problems with the latest source try describing the issue (with the help of ufoconsole.log) instead of wild speculating. Thanks!

-geever

Offline jerikojerk

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 06:22:33 pm »
ok i will try to improve my report next time. I remember that now: ufo +set developer 1

i'm very positive about the missionid issue. i think the savegame may help you.
What 's wrong, let stay simple, the savegame does not load, i only did some edit to keep on playing.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 06:56:51 pm »
i'm very positive about the missionid issue. i think the savegame may help you.
What 's wrong, let stay simple, the savegame does not load, i only did some edit to keep on playing.

This savegame is seriously damaged. The xml parser dies on it.... the game saved some memory-garbage as missionID, probably due to the already fixed UFO<->mission link break.

I can only suggest you to update to the latest version - which will probably not make such mistake - and continue playing from a previous working save.

-geever

Offline jerikojerk

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 08:06:42 pm »
hi, it's what i did (i see your change )... and the corrupt xml message.

this time i will give you the output.log and the savegame. maybe i should restart a campaign from scratch... it may be cause by the unvalid missionid i put in the xml...

what i was trying to do is a regular save after shooting an ufo and before alien extermination: before that i asked myself if the savegame was working or not. answer was not working.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:11:57 pm by jerikojerk »

Offline jerikojerk

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 08:32:18 pm »
Is a developer developing on windows? or one i10n french file encoded in ISO-8859-1 (latin 1)?
when i'm trying to edit it, the charset is detected as iso 8859-1, which is not what the xml, prolog state.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 08:46:49 pm »
Is a developer developing on windows? or one i10n french file encoded in ISO-8859-1 (latin 1)?
when i'm trying to edit it, the charset is detected as iso 8859-1, which is not what the xml, prolog state.

you should NOT edit it. it's not a simple xml....

btw. we're using i18n not i10n...

-geever