project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Appearance of UFOs  (Read 3076 times)

Offline jerm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Appearance of UFOs
« on: June 28, 2011, 02:34:14 pm »
Is it just me or is the number of UFOs appearing in 2.3.1 a tad too many? Seems OK in the first month or two, then it just goes nuts with one appearing every 18-24hrs. Missions get too tedious when every UFO left to their own devices result in alien terror sites. And most automissions with terror sites or harvesters fail.

Maybe tone it down a little?

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Appearance of UFOs
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 05:18:44 pm »
The automission feature has been significantly improved in 2.4. In 2.3.1 it doesn't really work. The number of UFOs can be a problem, but that depends a lot on personal preferences. One option is to try to intercept over water.

Offline Jruskey

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 10:43:54 pm »
And get aerial laser cannons my interceptors can down fights with out being shot down themselves

Offline jerm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 02:26:01 am »
Hmmm... I'll do that and see how it goes.
One option is to try to intercept over water.
Kinda hard to do that. Can't exactly herd it towards water.. :p

Offline Friendly79

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 03:02:07 am »
im also running 2.3 and have had the same kind experiences in my game..

the lure to the water trick actually does work.. to a point.. it might come down alot to the alien thinking it can overpower you, not sure how they have it programmed..
ive a number of times had multiple crash sites and or terror + crash sites on the go at one time with ufo still being tracked.
I tend to down as many as i can over water at this point just like Edi suggested, ill wait to launch my interceptor knowing roughly that the trajectory will land me over water if he continue's on the current path.. sometimes they come for you tho.. at this point you need to change home base of your interceptor to a base thats across a body of water.
send him home and the ufo will keep the chase, but only if your in a certain range, once you have him over the water, 180 and burn him.. i have lost a few interceptors due to fuel loss with this tactic tho..
im sure there a better solution, but this has worked for me

Good luck mate, and if you find a better way let me know ;)

Offline provet

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2011, 11:53:44 pm »
Well keep in mind that lots of funds comes from selling their vessels(it also makes the nations happier=more funds and employees :)) , so its kinda tactical to not shot them down over water....  ;D