project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Skills?  (Read 5434 times)

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Skills?
« on: June 23, 2011, 03:30:27 pm »
I was wandering around the forums, when i decided to seek answer to the ultimate question:

Which skills are working currently and how do they effect soldiers?????? (I'm playing 2.31 and i don't really understand those.... 'things' reguired to get the 2.4 =)   ) Anyway i just want to know how do the skills ehhect soldiers prefomance or do they effect (currently) at all?????

Offline TallTroll

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Skills?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 05:01:36 pm »
Weapon skills and Accuracy, I think. Mind may or may not have an effect on Morale (I seem to recall Morale is partially derived from Mind, but I may be dead wrong on that), and Strength doesn't really do anything yet, but is slated to be properly implemented, so stuff has weight, and encumberance penalties would apply if you went over your limit. I'm not sure if the design of that bit has been finalised yet though

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 12:06:18 am »
I seem to recall Morale is partially derived from Mind
That's right

Strength doesn't really do anything yet, but is slated to be properly implemented, so stuff has weight, and encumberance penalties would apply if you went over your limit. I'm not sure if the design of that bit has been finalised yet though
Not yet

Also TUs are derived from Speed :)

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 04:46:36 pm »
Ok thanks! I always had the feeling that accuracy works, also speed. But do weapon skills work currently???? And how are they ment to work if not currently working????

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 03:44:15 am »
Weapon skills are factored in accuracy calculations and also in calculating the spread of shoots, so better skill equal better accuracy and less spread.
Oh and BTW mind also reduces the penalty to accuracy when the soldier is injured and high mind is of course a requirement for promotion.

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 01:33:11 pm »
Promotions also have a mind score requirement. X number of kills + Y mind + [less than Z] civilian or friendly fire kills allows progression to the next rank. Warrant Officer is the highest rank you can get to if you have any friendly fire casulaties (civvies or own).

Ajpe

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 08:15:12 pm »
How it works now (2.4)?

Strength - still nothing?
Speed - TU?
Accuracy - what is better, high accuracy or weapon skill?
Mind - medkits?

Which skill(s) is responsible for grenade throwing?

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 10:31:07 pm »
How it works now (2.4)?

Strength - still nothing?
Speed - TU?
Accuracy - what is better, high accuracy or weapon skill?
Mind - medkits?

Which skill(s) is responsible for grenade throwing?
1.) Not much changed
2.) Armours have weight which causes a TU penalty effected by strength
3.) Yes
4.) The average of both is used to calculate the shoot, still accuracy affects all weapon types so its better (grenades, sidearms)
5.) Mind - morale, promotions, reduces the accuracy penalty received when wounded
6.) Explosives
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:39:40 pm by DarkRain »