project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Reaction Fire  (Read 1738 times)

Offline jerm

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reaction Fire
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:16:46 am »
Ok ok, before devs start rolling their eyes into their sockets  ::), I want to mention that I have searched the forums and I did take a look at the sourceforge dev post. I saw that some work is being done on being able to select the type of reaction fire. And so I just want to post some questions, more out of curiosity than anything.
-was it originally intentional for agents to only use snapshot in reaction fire?
-a bit off-topic but somewhat related. Why would anyone use the 7 TU version of the laser rifle when it is clearly inefficient (1 shot using 2 ammo)?
And a laser rifle rage:
1. 16 Ammo
2. Wave fire 5 times (3x5=15)
3. 1 ammo remaining
4. ????
5. Raaaaage... reload.

Offline paziek

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Reaction Fire
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:08:28 am »
Ok ok, before devs start rolling their eyes into their sockets  ::), I want to mention that I have searched the forums and I did take a look at the sourceforge dev post. I saw that some work is being done on being able to select the type of reaction fire. And so I just want to post some questions, more out of curiosity than anything.
-was it originally intentional for agents to only use snapshot in reaction fire?
-a bit off-topic but somewhat related. Why would anyone use the 7 TU version of the laser rifle when it is clearly inefficient (1 shot using 2 ammo)?
And a laser rifle rage:
1. 16 Ammo
2. Wave fire 5 times (3x5=15)
3. 1 ammo remaining
4. ????
5. Raaaaage... reload.
If we are on this, I would love to see reaction fire from Jagged Alliance 2, when if interrupted, you would get control over your soldier as if it was his turn and you choose what to do.