project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Some bugs problems I've found on my build  (Read 3370 times)

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Some bugs problems I've found on my build
« on: June 15, 2011, 12:27:11 am »
Ok I've found 3 problems/bugs in my build (2.4.1301086950 from what I can tell) not sure if they've been fixed or not -

1) On the England map (I've only had this mission once) I had a soldier get wounded & panic & in routing he ran to the top of the SUV (moving from the red phone booth to the SUV) under the bridge where the player starts. I moved another solider also on top to heal him but after moving them there I couldn't move them off they could only move back & forth on top of the SUV (pic attached from just loading a single mission not from actual game). The mission end fine after I killed all aliens.

2) On the Village commercial map, I've had this happen twice but can't really repeat it due to at start positions when reloading, I call the move Vaudvillian Exit Stage Right. What happens is that I'm across the street from one of the 2 story stores & aliens are on the top floor. I then shoot them through the glass (not sure if it's in the killing of the alien if that's whats happening or in the breaking of the glass) but the alien then moves straight off the map to the right until it disappears but game is then locked up so I've got to cntlaltdel to get out & reload but I didn't see anything in the log file so can't post anything there.

3) I've got a mission that's a Harvesting mission to a classic eastern suburban area in Asian Republic (savegame & console log attached) but each time I send my team out to go to that mission the game locks up & doesn't load any map etc. I've let time go on & retry but still have same problem each time w/ this mission but have been able to go on others w/ no problems.

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Some bugs problems I've found on my build
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 04:45:09 pm »
That's a really old 2.4 build. I suggest compiling a new one and seeing if the problems still persist. In all likelihood they should not, since I know some of those maps have had work done on them.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 12:03:08 am »
ok thanks, I'll see about getting a newer version. Will I be able to import my savegame into it so as to continue game? That way I can at least see about #3 for sure since #1 & 2 are hard to recreate the situation.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 01:03:51 am »
Ok I downloaded the last version I could find from Muton posted here http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=2830.645 which is the update from my listed version to 1306568813 but I've still got the same problem w/ #3 on my savegame. It will lock up the moment I click to start the mission. I've tried automission & it ends fine it just locks up when I try to actually do the mission. Attached is my log/savegame after the update if anything has changed in the upgrade.

Offline Edi

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 02:00:21 pm »
Ok I downloaded the last version I could find from Muton posted here http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=2830.645 which is the update from my listed version to 1306568813 but I've still got the same problem w/ #3 on my savegame. It will lock up the moment I click to start the mission. I've tried automission & it ends fine it just locks up when I try to actually do the mission. Attached is my log/savegame after the update if anything has changed in the upgrade.
That's probably the RMA bug. There was a fix for a particular problem that broke all random map assembly maps, so you would need to compile a newer version yourself to prevent the lockup. That issue has been fixed, but you have an older version suffering from it and oriental maps are RMA maps.

Offline Muton

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 02:12:11 pm »
will build an update in ~6h

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 12:25:08 am »
ok thanks I'll just automission to clear it & wait for the release.