project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UV Mapping Prefabs?  (Read 2899 times)

Offline FWishbringer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
UV Mapping Prefabs?
« on: June 02, 2011, 03:17:53 pm »
Ok, going out on limb here. I've asked in irc a few times, but either people don't see the question, or don't have the answer.

Is there any (relatively) easy way to get a UV map for an existing prefab? I'm a 2D person, so perhaps I'm just missing some button somewhere.

In a worst case scenario, I'll stick to making grid replacements for existing textures and then match them up as best I can, to make my own uv maps.

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
Re: UV Mapping Prefabs?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 04:02:28 pm »
there was a blender tool to import and export maps - i have not found the link quickly. we have some scripts in our repository in contrib, too - but i can't really answer your question, as i've never used blender

Offline FWishbringer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: UV Mapping Prefabs?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 05:29:21 pm »
I dug on google and found nothing for importing or exporting the .maps. My googlefu hasn't been up to par since they changed their algorithms earlier this year, so I may have missed it.

For now, doing it the hard way. Starting with a complete grid of 20x20 checkerboards of alternating colors, then counting pixels, and adding lines, until I've found the exact bounding boxes. Then creating a nice, layered image file. So much harder than it has to be, but hey, its working.

Any word on those textures that had that public domain like license?

Also, how high priority are replacing !(x^2) (non power of 2) textures?... I'm finding a handful in the unknowns that are like 160px, or 48px, etc.
In my hard-way mapping textures, I'm doing it WITH converting to ^2 textures, so that a 160px becomes 256px, 48px becomes 64px, etc. And yes, verifying everything in radiant first to make sure they match the prefabs.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 05:32:37 pm by FWishbringer »

Offline MCR

• PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile