project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Map sounds do not respect volume controls  (Read 2742 times)

Offline FWishbringer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Map sounds do not respect volume controls
« on: May 27, 2011, 08:38:03 pm »
ufoai-2.4-dev-1301086950-Debug-pentium3-O1-sse-7z-full-win32

Lets say you set your volume controls next to mute, with speakers set high. Then enter into a mission where the mission has a background sound track. The sounds of the mission will be blaring out the speakers, when the music and interface is still nearly muted. This is not any more mission specific than needing a background track, it has happened to me on many missions.

Perhaps audio rendering of maps should follow with the music control, or a 'backgound' audio control could be added?

Offline LuckyLindy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Map sounds do not respect volume controls
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 07:51:14 pm »
I would add that this can be a problem only when you are streaming some of the audio such as radio or youtube and want to have just the (gunfire) Fx sounds.  I do this alot.  I personally like to play Bear McCreary's Battlestar Galactica soundtracks in the background.  Hopefully, this will further clarify reasons to address this particular issue.

Offline FWishbringer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 08:21:37 am »
I would add that this can be a problem only when you are streaming some of the audio such as radio or youtube and want to have just the (gunfire) Fx sounds.  I do this alot.  I personally like to play Bear McCreary's Battlestar Galactica soundtracks in the background.  Hopefully, this will further clarify reasons to address this particular issue.

I wouldn't use 'only' there... its a problem anytime someone doesn't want music playing in game. Doesn't matter what else you are doing, its not respecting the setting. ;)

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 01:17:45 pm »
You can edit the "music.ufo" to remove all tracks from the ingame playlist or you can exchange them with your own songs as a temp work around. And if you get sick of the loud amb sounds - try to remove the ambience file but iam not sure if you get a error message. Ill reduce the volume of the amb sounds asap.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:21:27 pm by Crystan »

Offline LuckyLindy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 01:56:26 pm »
Thanks.  I may try that.  However, I didn't have any problems yesterday with the newest update.  This update seems to far more stable than the previous updates and I am enjoying the game.  I would still prefer to have several more troopers or a heavy platform, maybe Version 2.5?