project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Base costruction freguency  (Read 3456 times)

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Base costruction freguency
« on: May 20, 2011, 12:21:58 pm »
This is my big problem with the game: I hawe hard time deciding when do i need to expand. I bulid bases wayyy too slowly because buliding new ones hinders the development of the old ones... Sometimes i only have one base which i know is BAD! So i ask, when should i bulid new bases, where (close to old ones or far away from them) What should new bases consentrate on? etc etc...

Yes when it comes to financial planning i am a bit noob... Also a liitle hint the amount of money is hard to figure... Yes if i watch closely i can make it out, but could it be plased this way: 3 456 845€ instead of: 3456845€ ? That is a good number for example if i may say so  ;D loooong and chaotic!

Offline parjlarsson

• Rookie
  • Chaos Gate next?
    • View Profile
Re: Base costruction freguency
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 01:53:24 am »
Agreed on spacing the numbers out.

Bases: Depends on your cash flow and also maybe difficulty setting. You absolutely have to have a decent amount of research going, and a second base on the other side of the planet if you want to keep all the nations somewhat happy.

On standard difficulty I would build up the first base to be decently secure in the speed of my research the first two months, then add another base on the other side of the globe.

Offline andrew.prg

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Base costruction freguency
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 11:23:27 pm »
I play on Insane difficulty and build two bases right in the beginning, usually the HQ in China and another base in Europe. After two months, I have four or five. Two "fighter" bases (usually China and Brasil) with three Saracens each, and two "team" bases (usually Europe and USA) with a Firebird and six soldiers. Every base has a radar, and I build further off-base radar sites so to cover as much of the mainland as possible.

This is extremely expensive, but the money keep flowing in. I am able to catch many ufos on radar and shoot them down or see them landed, so I have around 40 missions a month. This means:
- many alien objects retrieved from missions (usually Kerrblades and Plasma pistols), which can be sold for good money
- I sell most of captured UFOs (further 8-20 thousands per piece)
- the nations are happy, so I think they pay slightly more.