project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Loading saved game in 2.1-dev  (Read 2534 times)

[S|G]

Loading saved game in 2.1-dev
« on: September 30, 2006, 07:28:20 am »
Well, I'm not sure wether I should be posting this here since I'm using a development version, but here it goes: I can't load any saved games on 2.1. It saves normally, but the game crashes whenever I try to load. Here is the output:
Code: [Select]

"version" is "UFO: Alien Invasion 2.1-dev i386 Sep 27 2006 Linux"
...using language: C
...svn revision: 3847:3849M
Shared Client/Server Info loaded
...precaching 51 menus
Can't find pics/
Can't find pics/menu/buildings_ll
Can't find pics/menu/buildings_lr
====== UFO Initialized ======

Changing to Singleplayer
Savefile version 5 detected
Global data loaded - size 5610836 bytes
ufo: client/cl_campaign.c:1580: CL_UpdatePointersInGlobalData: Assertion `base->curTeam[p]' failed.
Received signal 6, exiting...
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  Major opcode of failed request: 134
  Minor opcode of failed request: 10
  Serial number of failed request: 503

ubequitz

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 10:09:03 am »
[S|G], thanks for the report. Are you using the 2.1 dev branch or SVN trunk? I am encountering similar problems in SVN trunk when trying to load saved-games where I had established more than one base (I suspect this affects RC5 too).

Are these crashes happening for you when trying to load any saved game or just specific games?

ubequitz

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 11:36:44 am »
SVN trunk revision 3923 fixes a "base->curTeam[p]' failed" error when trying to load a game where one or more bases were present with no aircraft (the situation I was describing above).

Please note: some very recent makefile changes in SVN trunk mean that the ufo executable is now getting built in src rather than the trunk directory. After I issue "make", I'm currently having to move this executable to trunk to test any changes (hopefully this makefile issue will be fixed soon though)

[S|G]

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 09:20:11 pm »
Hello,

I am using 2.1-dev, not SVN trunk.

I'm getting a similar(?) error in RC5 when I build more than one base and try to enter any of the new bases after building an hangar and receiving a interceptor. I'll open a new topic for that soon, after I narrow the possibilities by building a base with only the hangar and a new one without it.