project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: sketch for the heavy nano armour  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Lisander

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
sketch for the heavy nano armour
« on: May 10, 2011, 04:26:43 pm »
Well, i have just seen the wondrous 3d model for the next type of armour Origin has been working on, and started thinking on a ufopaedia entry for the project. I searched for another stubs in the forums, but didnt found anything, so if there's any work already done, please accept my apologies.

The project should appear after researching the medium alien armour, all ufo related technologies, antimatter and particle weapons. One of the last technologies to appear in the game (well, in the game that has been developed so far).

-The main layer of the armour is made of the same material the alien ufo's are made. The scientist programmed the alien material (part metal, part plastic polymer) using alien technology retrieved from the recovered ufo's, and shaped it around a soldier-like pattern. This way, they create several sheets of hard alien material wich covers the main organs: a breastplate, greaves, helmet, gloves, boots and epaulets.

-Behind the plates, more flexible nanotubes (so far, they have improved their skill in nanotube manufacture, researching better plasma ovens and improving after some weeks of hard work) grants medium protection to soft spots and joints.

-The final layer is a complex mechanical biosuit, who improves sight and aim, and life support system that prevents the soldier from dehydratation, extreme fatigue, cold/hot problems... like a spacial suit, the soldier can even pee without exposing any part of the anatomy (ahem).

-as counterpart, the suit is heavy as hell. servos in all the joints, boots and knees specially, helps a lot, but even the best scientist on earth had found several problems in a main powersource, reliable on the battlefield, to power all the systems in the suit. They first thought on using antimatter, but the idea of exploding nuclear bombs after a direct hit on the powersource make our scientists to think about it better. The suit would be only available for use in soldiers with very high strenght skill.

Just some ideas. I am not a scientist and cant make an article like the existing ones in the ufopaedia. As all of the readers would have noticed, i am not an english speaker, so it makes the writing a bit complicated.

That's all. Hope you folks improve it!

edit: a big problem with the falsefriends already fixed. ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:34:16 pm by Lisander »