project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Defeat/Reload/Auto mission/Special mission issues  (Read 2171 times)

Offline parjlarsson

• Rookie
  • Chaos Gate next?
    • View Profile
Defeat/Reload/Auto mission/Special mission issues
« on: May 07, 2011, 11:45:41 pm »
Please correct if I'm wrong in any of these assumptions. Playing 2.4 dev version since it's the only thing I know how to get to work.

1. All special missions or special, unusual map tiles have some sort of special blurb in the geoscape. I'd hate to miss something really cool.
2. All defeats are actually victories - all aliens are killed and all my guys survive with no injuries. To be fixed in a future update, I'm guessing.
3. There's zero chance of going in with injured guys on a second attempt.
4. There's zero chance of capturing an alien via auto mission. Might not be a bad thing, it's tricky and should be tricky to get your ten live bugs. Speaking of which I have no idea if the ten have to be at a single base or not.
5. The "try again" button actually means "reload the game at the start of this mission" - it doesn't mean your guys got their butts handed to them, are injured, beat up and low on ammo and just say "To heck with it, we're going back in!"

I personally would like a little more realism with my tactical stuff, but I understand those who don't.