project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Continents and happiness.  (Read 6435 times)

Offline Brettie-C

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Continents and happiness.
« on: April 21, 2011, 07:52:59 pm »
im struggling to keep the world happy but im doing as much as i can. and im also struggling on money.

anybody got any tips on how to make money and what to keep and what not to sell please. thanks

also im on standard difficulty.

Offline OmniscientQ

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Continents and happiness.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 08:05:08 pm »
For income, sell every piece of alien technology you find. Keep only one sample of each for yourself to research. That's been my main source of income aside from the monthly funding. Terran weaponry is, if anything, more effective than the plasma weapons the aliens start with, so they're not worth your time to research at first anyway. An exception might be the plasma grenades, since you can build plasma rounds for the grenade launchers.

For the world happiness, sell every crashed UFO you recover. Only keep the intact ones, and then only one each of the scouts and fighters. Fill the rest of your UFO yard slots with intact Harvesters. When you sell the UFO's, sell them to the most unhappy nation. It won't provide a huge boost in their happiness, but it can keep them for a few months. Long enough to get a new base built in their territory, anyway. Once you have a base built in their territory, shoot down every UFO that comes into radar range. Even if you don't recover any of them, the aliens won't complete any missions in that territory, meaning the host nations happiness will degrade very slowly.

Those are really your only two options. The base you start the game with is NOT enough to cover the entire planet and keep the funding coming in. As soon as you can get the money, you need to start building combat bases on other continents (Either using some of your starting cash at the very beginning of the game or at the start of April).

Offline Brettie-C

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 08:34:00 pm »
Ok, ive sorted the happiness thing out n the ufos but now i lose stilettos faster than i can say "pop goes the weasel". i always have 2 at the ready and always send both out against fighters and scouts. they both have 2 sparrowhawks (which have gone from the shop as ive bought all of them and cant buy anymore) and the shiva cannon.

Do i need more? or am i just equiping them wrongly

any tips on how to keep my stilletos from getting shot down so fast?

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 09:24:27 pm »
Do you have armor on them? Are you sure the UFOs you attack are just Scouts and Fighters? Harvesters are known for ripping most PHALANX craft to pieces.

Offline Brettie-C

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:53:37 pm »
Do you have armor on them? Are you sure the UFOs you attack are just Scouts and Fighters? Harvesters are known for ripping most PHALANX craft to pieces.

no,  read somewhere that early armour on the crafts is useless  :-\ and yes im only fighting the ones that are going 770 and 880, i just leave the 1110's

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 09:55:36 pm »
no,  read somewhere that early armour on the crafts is useless

That was a bug in 2.2, it was fixed in 2.2.1, the current stable version is 2.3.1. What do you think?

-geever

Offline Brettie-C

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 10:01:51 pm »
That was a bug in 2.2, it was fixed in 2.2.1, the current stable version is 2.3.1. What do you think?

-geever

im using 2.4 so it shud be the same shudnt it. well ill equip my craft with armour then, thanks for the heads up.

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 11:07:09 pm »
Are your crafts equipped with ECM and targetting computer? In my experince, a Stiletto with those, two sparrowhawks and SHIVA can win solo against fighter UFO is about 50% cases on standard diff, without armor.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 12:43:23 pm »
Are your crafts equipped with ECM and targetting computer? In my experince, a Stiletto with those, two sparrowhawks and SHIVA can win solo against fighter UFO is about 50% cases on standard diff, without armor.

I use two fully equipped (shiva, 2 sparrowhawks, ecm, targeting computer, armor) Stiletto and they can always shot down a fighter (but not a harvester ofc.)

-geever

Offline Kobura

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 01:22:19 pm »
Likewise. Are there hidden integers for continents and happiness? Because I notice sometimes when I hit a mission an unrelated continent goes up/down in happiness without having been at the prior level before the mission. Also sales to continents very rarely raise their opinion.