project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Settings roll over between missions  (Read 2998 times)

Offline Kobura

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Settings roll over between missions
« on: April 18, 2011, 10:36:54 pm »
Specifically things like reaction fire, even if everyone's gone back to base for X amount of time, next time I roll out, whoever had reaction fire set has it set the next mission as well.

Bug, or feature? (Not really something I think UFO.log would help with...)

Offline OmniscientQ

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Settings roll over between missions
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 06:36:56 pm »
If it's a feature, I'd like to have it retain all aspects of the reaction fire settings, like which shot mode was selected. I use plenty of assault rifles, and I always have to turn reaction fire back off, select 3-round burst, then turn it back on again. It'd be nice to just have it consistent.

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 07:06:05 pm »
I'm not sure whether this issue is intentional by design or just a bug, but I've actually found it useful myself.  I haven't worked on the part of the game that does this, but I'd vote for it to be an option of some kind for those who like it.

Offline Sandro

• Squad Leader
  • Maintenance guy for UFO:AI 3D engine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 07:32:01 pm »
Personally, I would like the option to (automatically) set initial reaction fire mode at the beginning of combat. Setting them to max autofire anyway at the 1st round ...

Offline Kobura

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 03:37:56 am »
You mean like the aliens? I just had to restart like a dozen times because aliens started off staring at my spawn and I got obliterated. Hackers :L

Offline Sarin

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 01:50:24 pm »
Unfortunately, level design, especially in fighter crash maps, sometimes result in unavoidable slaughter of both sides, becuase all aliens start facing toward your team at close range, resulting in deaths from RF.

Offline parjlarsson

• Rookie
  • Chaos Gate next?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 06:13:21 pm »
You mean like the aliens? I just had to restart like a dozen times because aliens started off staring at my spawn and I got obliterated. Hackers :L

I lol'd.

Feature imho - or make it easier to switch by just clicking a checkbox that's always visible in the UI and not hidden behind a mouse-over menu.