project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Gangers, weaponed self defender civilians and local army  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Ayperos

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Gangers, weaponed self defender civilians and local army
« on: March 17, 2011, 06:45:59 am »
Hello,

Three ideas to make the game more fun and "realistic" will be to add three possibilities of AI players in a battle:

- Gangers: number of them and weapon aleatory, with aleatory behavior as all Phalanx, aliens and civilians foes, Phalanx and aliens foes or aliens foes.
With more chance to have gangers in city maps for exemple,

- Weaponed self defender civilians: similar, but low weapon level than gangers and all time Phalanx friendly. This, to simulate the normal human behavior to protect its life not only by running away but by using weapons if one at home,

- Local Army:
My view of that will be on this last idea not only to add a new AI player in game, but to add too a new event.
. Local Battle, aliens for an unknow reason attack a local military complex. Human troopers inside protect themselves as they can, Phalanx arrive as back-up into the battle.
. Local Intervention, a little different, now, if in a normal event Phalanx player is too long to come, the local politicians ask the regular troopers to assault the position to protect civilians. Or the local army found an hided alien camp, an idea to make a spontaneous event.
The militaries will have regular weapons and stuff, maybe alien or advanced weapons and stuff if the Phalanx player already did the research.  
Of course in Local Army conditions, more aliens will counterbalance the situation to a more enjoyable game.

All of that being fully aleatory.

We can imagine the Phalanx player incoming on a Local Intervention, having the surprise to watch militaries already in battle, civilians trying to defende themselves and Gangers fire at will to protect their area from all these incoming bad people :P

This, added to the good ideas on this forum: to sprint and animals as dogs, and robots - I mean here battlerobots as in UFO 2 "Xcom", other weapons, why not a full researchtree to find the minigun as in UFO too ?  Hummm...maybe I'm a little old to talk here about UFO, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, Enforcer,.. Ok, ok, I'm old. ;D

Offline kathleenec

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Gangers, weaponed self defender civilians and local army
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 05:50:09 pm »
Hello,

Three ideas to make the game more fun and "realistic" will be to add three possibilities of AI players in a battle:

- Gangers: number of them and weapon aleatory, with aleatory behavior as all Phalanx, aliens and civilians foes, Phalanx and aliens foes or aliens foes.
With more chance to have gangers in city maps for exemple,

- Weaponed self defender civilians: similar, but low weapon level than gangers and all time Phalanx friendly. This, to simulate the normal human behavior to protect its life not only by running away but by using weapons if one at home,

- Local Army:
My view of that will be on this last idea not only to add a new AI player in game, but to add too a new event.
. Local Battle, aliens for an unknow reason attack a local military complex. Human troopers inside protect themselves as they can, Phalanx arrive as back-up into the battle.
. Local Intervention, a little different, now, if in a normal event Phalanx player is too long to come, the local politicians ask the regular troopers to assault the position to protect civilians. Or the local army found an hided alien camp, an idea to make a spontaneous event.
The militaries will have regular weapons and stuff, maybe alien or advanced weapons and stuff if the Phalanx player already did the research.  
Of course in Local Army conditions, more aliens will counterbalance the situation to a more enjoyable game.

All of that being fully aleatory.

We can imagine the Phalanx player incoming on a Local Intervention, having the surprise to watch militaries already in battle, civilians trying to defende themselves and Gangers fire at will to protect their area from all these incoming bad people :P

This, added to the good ideas on this forum: to sprint and animals as dogs, and robots - I mean here battlerobots as in UFO 2 "Xcom", other weapons, why not a full researchtree to find the minigun as in UFO too ?  Hummm...maybe I'm a little old to talk here about UFO, Terror from the Deep, Apocalypse, Interceptor, Enforcer,.. Ok, ok, I'm old. ;D

Great ideas. I vote for all of them. ;) Indeed it would make the game more realistic. :P

how to cure diarrhea
back ache
how to get rid of bronchitis
do it yourself carpet cleaning
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 02:25:39 pm by kathleenec »

Offline Hertzila

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Gangers, weaponed self defender civilians and local army
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 06:43:52 pm »
This suggestion has been shot down, sadly. For one reason or another, there will be no armed civs "helping" you. Not even the army which by all logic should be armed and fight against them.

Despite a harsh start: Welcome to the forums! Both of you!