project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: A little help pleace???  (Read 4309 times)

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
A little help pleace???
« on: February 11, 2011, 03:34:36 pm »
Im tired of being useless! So i thought of (trying) to learn modelling! I know about the wings 3D (although im quite poor using it) So what i am asking is if anyone knows a good free texture editing program??? I know i should first try to learn to use the Wings 3D properly but it would still be nice to know how to make textures for models made with it! Any ideas???

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A little help pleace???
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 10:54:42 pm »
Gimp for 2d image editing

I might recommend Blender for 3d modelling instead of Wings3D. It's free and open source, very powerful and a has a large community for tutorials/forums/help.

Also, there's always UFORadiant for making maps, which is arguably easier to learn than 3d modelling software.

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 03:07:17 pm »
Ok thanks! It will still take a while before i can master theese... But at least i can now do something!

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 02:05:33 pm »
Well i now haw Gimp and wings 3D. (I downloaded the blender but it wouldn`t work without... err... something i don`t even pretend to know what) And i am still trying to figure out how the Gimp works... But i am somewhat familiar with Wings! I just don`t know how to upload my creations here so you guys could give some criticm how should i improve my "art"... I hawe done something that resembels a gun of some sort... i wouls like to share it so you could tell me how to refine it ... So any help with theese new problems pleace?  :-[

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 05:08:01 pm »
I don't know wings3d, but you should be able to make a render of your creation to show us. You can probably also export it into some sort of format that most 3d programs can read, such as .obj.

If you're not sure, you'll probably find more help at the wings3d website.

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 05:20:44 pm »
or at worst taking a screenshot (ALT+PrintScreen on windows)