project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: UFO:AI Android port  (Read 67846 times)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: UFO:AI Android port
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2013, 09:48:20 pm »
Unfortunately, my area of competency is far from programming at all.

This is how a menu script looks like: https://github.com/ufoai/ufoai/blob/master/base/ufos/ui/market.ufo#L1

Mostly setting up widgets and actions.

-geever

Offline Emoticon

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2013, 10:52:16 am »
Would android port be supported with new versions?
EDIT: saw android.mk in git. Might invest some time into it myself.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 04:03:22 pm by Emoticon »

Offline DiS

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2014, 01:45:30 am »
Great game, plays awesome on my ASUS HD10. The only Problem i have is that i can not turn my soldiers to a direction after a turn. Is it possible to add a small button to the Android ui for turning soldiers around? I get killed all the time because my soldiers are facing the walls all the time after a turn Lol. Otherwise awesome tablet game.

Offline pelya

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2014, 10:13:44 am »
I did not update that port for almost two years, how are you people doing?
I saw new GUI and some support for SDL2.
It's now possible to transfer ownership of apps between developers on Google Play, so if someone more active than me got a dev account there, I can do that (however it got 3 star rating, so you may wish to publish it as a new app).

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2014, 06:24:13 pm »
I'm having an account there, too. Feel free to transfer it. I would like to release a SDL2 version some day.

Offline DiS

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2014, 12:20:36 am »
So would any of you guys mind to add the "rotate" button to the Android ui? This would be awesome :-)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:25:57 am by DiS »

Offline pelya

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2014, 08:26:01 pm »
It is transferred, now Android UfoAI release is a property of Mattn (and trouble. And, heck, opportunity for advertisements, although I hope there won't be any).

Mattn, please use script contrib/installer/android/sign.sh to sign the app before release, the certificate should be the same as in the already released version.

Offline DiS

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2014, 09:33:10 pm »
Please post here whenever the New Version is available on the market  :)

Offline rambo919

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2014, 04:14:07 pm »
Trying to get this for a friend that does not have internet, can a offline install be achieved with the apk and "ufoai-2.5-data.tar" file?

Offline CharCamOlson

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2014, 08:45:41 pm »
I'm reposting this here as well as an answer to anyone having control issues with the Android version of UFOAI:

"Okay, working off some comments from the makers who ported this to android, I have figured out some basics for making UFOAI playable on an ANDROID. Note that this is all done on by Galaxy Note 8.0, and Android Tablet. I don't know how you would do this on something the size of a phone.

So, first, you have to hit the Change Device Configuration button at the loading screen.

Next, hit the button for Mouse Emulation and then go to Calibrate Touchscreen Pressure. The program is going to ask you to drag your finger across the screen at typical pressure.

DON'T DO THIS.

Instead, drag your finger across the screen at a firm pressure that you wouldn't normally use. This calibrates the game so it will interpret your regular touch as a VERY LIGHT pressure.

Now, after calibrating for a high pressure, go to Left Mouse Click. I have left mouse click set to "Touch Screen With Force". As the screen is calibrated to a high pressure, it will now only interpret your touch as "with force" when you very deliberately press on it. If your press isn't recognized for a click, then either recalibrate OR use a different type of touch. The screen actually doesn't read force as much as it reads the contact area of your finger. A tiny contact is light force, a large contact is heavy force. So, if you use a fingertip to press on the screen, when it's calibrated for high pressure, it will always read that as light force. But, if you use the flat pad of your finger, or a thumb, then it will read that large contact as HIGH force.

This means that you can move the mouse with your fingertip and then click distinctly with your finger pad or your thumb. It takes some finesse, but it works. Also, to SCROLL, lightly move the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen in the direction you want to go. Move the curse back when you get where you want to go.

For RIGHT CLICK (which is the click you need to CHANGE THE DIRECTION YOUR SOLDIERS ARE FACING, among other things) go to the RIGHT CLICK option in the Mouse Calibration menu.

Once there, set it to Touch Screen with Second Finger.

With this option set, you can now put the mouse cursor on something with the tip of your index finger, then lightly tap the screen with your middle finger and get a RIGHT CLICK. It works great once you figure it out. Note: it is not a two finger press. You move the mouse cursor with your main finger with a light touch, then with your main finger still on the screen you bring your other finger down onto the screen as well.

Now, back out of Mouse Emulation and go to Remap Physical Keys. On my pad there are two physical keys besides the power and home buttons: Up Volume and Down Volume. I set these to be Page Up and Page Down. That means I can zoom in and zoom out with my Volume buttons when I am playing the game.

Now, you already got this one Cantor, but for anyone else, exit the configuration menu and get into the game. Once in the main game menu, open OPTIONS and go to GAMEPLAY. In gameplay, under Battlescape Settings, set Confirm Actions to YES. This makes it a lot less likely that you will give your troops the wrong order while you are trying to finesse the controls.

Okay, that's all I've figured out so for. It's still not perfect, but those changes do take the game from impossible to playable."