project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: New RMA: Harbour map  (Read 29397 times)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: New RMA: Harbour map
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2012, 02:52:27 pm »
Yes, I always recompile or download the maps and rebuild .pk3 files via Muton's script.
Ok, now I fully uninstall  the game and make new build. When making new build and install I try it again.

you could try removing pk3-s first..

-geever

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2012, 07:22:21 am »

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2012, 08:15:12 am »
Balasar mentioned the weird behavior of the levels, wich is quite different from the other maps. I am not very happy with this, too.

Unfortunatly the map was build without giving enough thought into this at first, thus the dimensions in the map are somewhat unfavorable. Changing this (= cutting the map to make it fit the level heights) would result in a lot of "dark", e.g. in first level and second level only the water and small parts of the ships would be visible. I took a shot at this in the beginning, but it did not make things better.

This is something I will do as soon as I have a nice idea how to do it. There are some other things left. Most important, the ships are not really a part of the map, as only very small parts can be used for now.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2012, 08:22:46 am »
I have to mention that mattn renamed the map to "harbour2". So if you are looking to play it in scirmish mode, thats the name used to load it. Also the map will be used in campaign mode now.

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2012, 07:36:11 am »
I did some work on the ship tiles to make them more playable. The middle part has stairs now and the front part is walkable. Some minor glitches were fixed and multiplayer support was added, too. Also the map should now show the ship more often then before.

This is what it looks like, now :

As the work is mostly done, I removed the "test" assembly, making the console commands invalid (you can still use them to load either 'harbour' or 'pier'). Of course I am still interested in everything related to the map.

Special thanks to Balasar, who did most of the of the testing work, again.  :)

Offline balasar

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2012, 10:00:06 am »
Thank you, I only played a little ... ::)

Offline iamaloner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2012, 08:41:26 pm »
The map style and how it can be done is awsome... I wish there would be like version with crashed UFOs or something...

Offline ShipIt

• Project Artist
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2012, 08:55:32 pm »
The map style and how it can be done is awsome... I wish there would be like version with crashed UFOs or something...

This is something I wish, too.  :D

If you have some spare time, just do it (it is not as hard as it might look at first glance, promised 8)). Such contributions are always welcome.

Offline iamaloner

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2012, 09:50:42 pm »
This is something I wish, too.  :D

If you have some spare time, just do it (it is not as hard as it might look at first glance, promised 8)). Such contributions are always welcome.

Well IDK mapping, I will try but I dont have some patience... Maybe later when I find alot of time for mapping... And not like just 1 hour for mapping, maybe like 6 hours in one day....