project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: various small glitches  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Cassus

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
various small glitches
« on: December 25, 2010, 01:22:12 pm »
systems: PC: amd x2-6400 with ati 3870 and Laptop: lenovo t400 with ati 3400 (both newest drivers)
both windows 7x64

First thanks a lot for this great game!

My feedback:

I played it on my laptop and it was a pain even though the gfx aren't that bad (works for fallout 3 nicely) - worst problem was the slow mouse cursor - it always reacted a tad slower than the actual movement of the mouse.

Performance on my pc was great.
It crashed only once during a mission when one of my soldiers killed an alien and the alien guy didn't fall. error message was smth. like: no object insertion etc. i also picked up a plasma grenade

some minor glitches:

- 1440x900 resolution wasn't accepted by the prog - it automatically changed to 1600x1200

- on very easy after ufo 222 in nov 2084 i realized there must be smth wrong. last research was the plasma blade and no alien bases showed up. possibly because i had 4 bases and radar stations everywhere and shot down every ufo i saw? or do i need more patience?

- also the auto combat seems to be broken - my soldiers win fights even if they have no equipment and are outnumbered (1 soldier without weapons killed all alien base attackers) - also i think the soldiers get no experience and no kills. that's sad.. :)

- imo dismantling time of ufos needs balancing. in one game i had two bases just for dismantling (50 workers each) and the antimatter i got wasn't enough for 4 stingrays.

- imo ppl need (or want) to know the stats of armor, normal weapons, ship weapons and rocket launchers, laser defense etc. should be added to the ufopedia (i mean all stats).

- imo the planes strength needs balancing - so many of my planes got shot down even if i correctly timed the attacks (three on one) that's a bit unfair..

Code: [Select]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/945096/base.7z(i heavily cheated in this game (stats of assault gun, armor, planes, etc just to be able to quickly test stuff))

suggestions:
- i'd love the possibility to shoot with the drop ship during a mission - would be a small compensatory for the missing tanks. the main gun should be able to shoot aliens in its view.

- disguised aliens would be nice - like civilians or trees that suddenly turn into aliens.

- the soldiers leader should advance faster in stats imo - at least one of them should be a hero :)

- some alien ships could be able to beam soldiers freely on the map (once)

- more research! i think for most ppl it's the research tree that makes the game addictive. you could add loads of minor stuff like advanced medkits, glases, riot shields, small robot weapons that crawl to victims, robots to explore terrain, helmets, drugs, shield generators that can be set up between walls, traps, specialized armor etc.

- trenches or barricades?!

« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 01:40:54 pm by Cassus »