project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: how do u make money in this game  (Read 8866 times)

Offline petza

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
how do u make money in this game
« on: November 01, 2010, 02:43:40 am »
how do u make money in this game

Offline DarkRain

• Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: how do u make money in this game
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 03:00:44 am »
1) You'll get founding from nations every month, the amount recieved is dependant on their happiness, which is dependant on how efectively you fight the aliens threat in their territory

2) Sell loot like ufos  (of course you'll want to keep at least some for research/disassembly) and excess alien weapons and artifacts

Offline Lew Yard

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 02:10:15 am »
It's easy not to notice the Alien Breathing Apparatuses piling up -- you don't need that many and they're mostly useful to sell.

Offline Duke

• Administrator
  • PHALANX veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 01:18:27 am »
In general:
You're not supposed to 'make money' in this game.
If you fight well enough, there should always be enough money to continue fighting.

Offline Atlas2112

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 01:00:26 pm »
I just tested this in 2.3.1, and 1) the cost to produce is equal to the world-cost and 2) the cost to sell is 90% the world cost.
This must just mean that the 50% world-cost for production isn't fully implemented yet, yeah?  (Which is something I'm fully for, since it gives just a _hint_ of economy, and some of us do like a wee bit of economy in our alien killage.  ;-)

Offline XCOMTurcocalypse

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 02:07:17 pm »
I just tested this in 2.3.1, and 1) the cost to produce is equal to the world-cost and 2) the cost to sell is 90% the world cost.
This must just mean that the 50% world-cost for production isn't fully implemented yet, yeah?  (Which is something I'm fully for, since it gives just a _hint_ of economy, and some of us do like a wee bit of economy in our alien killage.  ;-)

I think producing earth grade items should be lower than average sales, but selling it should be even lower than producing, since our job is to shoot down aliens, not being a PMC or weapons contractor.

Real money should be made in replicating alien guns and selling them since we should have the blueprints only!

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 03:58:44 pm »
This must just mean that the 50% world-cost for production isn't fully implemented yet, yeah? 

It's my understanding that there is no intention at this time to introduce production-for-profit.

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 04:21:23 pm »
It's my understanding that there is no intention at this time to introduce production-for-profit.

Or rather removing production-for-profit was on purpose...

-geever

Offline Lew Yard

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 09:08:42 pm »
I could see the world cost for goods only available after research (both buy and sell) being reduced once you've actually built something and sold it rather than keeping it -- the reasoning being that you've now provided engineering samples for others to figure out how to manufacture on a larger scale.

Offline XCOMTurcocalypse

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 09:31:53 am »
XCOM had the produce-for-profit feature in case of laser cannons for the first game, and railgun equivalent in the sequel. They were very profitable. I even built a whole base just as a war factory for the profit :)

Offline Kaslak_CG

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 12:07:11 pm »
Yeah I remember the build-for-profit in old X-com

For the sake of realism it should have had a major setback (if ever allowed, not in this case): If you sell powerful weapons not aviable for the rest of the world you may face humans using those same weapons if they turn against you.

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 12:07:33 am »
This game HAS production for profit: More dead aliens you produce, more profit you get!  ;D

Offline XCOMTurcocalypse

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 04:56:58 am »
Yeah I remember the build-for-profit in old X-com

For the sake of realism it should have had a major setback (if ever allowed, not in this case): If you sell powerful weapons not aviable for the rest of the world you may face humans using those same weapons if they turn against you.

In XCOM apocalypse, ths was balanced by cheapening weapons every week you sell, and increasing prices in the ones you buy. However, after raiding the alien homeworld the game goes anticlimax.

Since there are 9-10 alien structure missions, and completion of each would make the aliens lose severe advantages and force them on pure defensive (especially after icing the alien queen).

Also, The FIRST Alien lair would yield enough artifacts for gazillions of dollars, eliminating ANY need for money.

If you could completely purify Mega-Primus, it became a matter of shooting down produced ufos every monday, and grinding towards the final building.

Offline Eklinaar

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 05:03:18 am »
I'm  just playing on standard difficulty, but I've found that I make more than enough money by selling all the extra plasma rifles, plasma pistols, alien armors, breathing apparatuses, and UFOs that I'm not using myself.  I'm only about 5 months in, but selling this excess stuff alone brings in about a million credits a month.