project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Base invasion  (Read 29165 times)

Offline geisthund

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Base invasion
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 07:26:19 pm »
Those are excellent points.

In fact, I think perhaps there should be an element of AI assistance when building a base - the computer could "suggest" spots to lay down stuff to you (with translucent "ghosts" or some such) which you could follow as a newbie, or ignore if you (like I) relish the challenge of base invasions (they're so rare...)

As another aside, I've always thought that the basemaps should have equipment accessible to the player on the map, eg an armoury or lockers in the living quarters that your crew can get more stuff from - after all this is their homeground... it'd be nice to grab more ammo, or maybe pick up a more kick ass weapon or something - like you would in real life if your base is under assault

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 07:53:02 pm »
Your troops always spawn in your living quarters

This is not true. Last time I played a base defence mission my men were spawned in hospital and command centre, none of them in living quarters.

Offline Battlescared

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2012, 08:37:18 pm »
This is not true. Last time I played a base defence mission my men were spawned in hospital and command centre, none of them in living quarters.

Fixed.  In this last game on 2.4, probably 5 or 6 base defenses, I don't recall any time when they spawned somewhere other than the living quarters.  Point taken though and I modified my post.

The strategy still works though as those buildings should still be built on the other side of the entrance from the hangars... if possible.  Sometimes the starting entrance isn't in a good position for that, but they should be close to the entrance at least.

I wonder if your chars spawn in the hospital if any of them are injured?  Or maybe if you have a high ranking officer then they spawn in the command center?  It may also have to do with how many living quarters you have.  If you only have one living quarter, it will put 4 in there, and the other 4 will need to go somewhere else.

Offline kurja

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2012, 08:45:51 pm »
Fixed.  In this last game on 2.4, probably 5 or 6 base defenses, I don't recall any time when they spawned somewhere other than the living quarters.  Point taken though and I modified my post.

The strategy still works though as those buildings should still be built on the other side of the entrance from the hangars... if possible.  Sometimes the starting entrance isn't in a good position for that, but they should be close to the entrance at least.

I wonder if your chars spawn in the hospital if any of them are injured?  Or maybe if you have a high ranking officer then they spawn in the command center?  It may also have to do with how many living quarters you have. If you only have one living quarter, it will put 4 in there, and the other 4 will need to go somewhere else.

That happened rather early in the game, so no high officers among them. I select only uninjured soldiers for missions, here in case of base defence I'm not sure if one or two would have had light wounds. They were spawned 4 in cc, 4 in hospital. That base has 2 living quarters.