project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: end of the game  (Read 10556 times)

Offline KarlNagel

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
end of the game
« on: December 15, 2010, 02:14:52 pm »
hi!

i'm playing ufo ai 2.3.1  a couple of weeks. in game two years have passed, XVI occurred, i've researched everything but now....nothing new.

no alien base, no orbital cannon. i don't know how to go on and i found some topics that there is an ending in 2.3.1.

can someone help me, please?

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: end of the game
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 08:04:11 pm »
hi!

i'm playing ufo ai 2.3.1  a couple of weeks. in game two years have passed, XVI occurred, i've researched everything but now....nothing new.

no alien base, no orbital cannon. i don't know how to go on and i found some topics that there is an ending in 2.3.1.

can someone help me, please?

patience....

-geever

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 12:02:02 am »
I had a ending...   ...sort of...   ...my computer crashed and i forgot to save so i thought: "Meh! i might as well start over!"   ;)

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 05:03:39 am »
I had a ending...   ...sort of...   ...my computer crashed and i forgot to save so i thought: "Meh! i might as well start over!"   ;)

You could have used F2 in campaign mode to load the quicksave. The game automatically saves when you enter a battle.

-geever

Offline KarlNagel

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 03:51:00 pm »
patience....

-geever

really? now the third year passed. one whole year without anything new. i love this game but slowly i'm losing my patience.

Offline Adzik_Master

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 05:42:54 pm »
on what difficulty You're playing? Are you catching live aliens? This maybe is the clue...

Offline KarlNagel

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 06:32:03 pm »
i'm playing on normal mode and i caught 10 aliens and researched their behaviour/communication/universal serum.

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 06:40:35 am »
Search alien bases with interceptors, this is possible, but not easy. Also, if you think that something is wrong, you can attach your save here to check.

Offline KarlNagel

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 09:00:00 am »
i searched for a while the places where supply ships disappeared and i searched the whole map with my interceptors without success. anyone got a hint to find the base?

i've attached the save file to check.

Offline Kildor

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • Project mapper and some other stuff`er
    • View Profile
    • http://ufoai.nx0.ru
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 10:53:35 am »
There is no alienbases in your save at all.

Offline KarlNagel

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 11:01:00 am »
and what can i do now?

Offline Tamanfodder

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 03:20:15 pm »
Try spamming the map full of radar towers! After thar there is NOTHING green (or blue) that can hide from you!

Offline tctranslation

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 03:23:19 pm »
Don't shoot the alien-scouts down, let them land and build a base(in this case, the aliens must have enough interest before they want to build a base and the building scout disappears after landing). Then let all the alien-supplies travel without interception. Some weeks later, the nation where the alien base built will tell you the alien base location if its XVI is in a safe level, or if you don't have such patience, just send an interceptor to there oftenly. The alien base will then be shown on the geoscape and you will have an alien base research. Go on whatever you want then. Overkill the ufos will just send you into a dead loop.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 03:47:12 pm by tctranslation »

Offline KarlNagel

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2010, 04:42:46 pm »
i give up. i played for a year (in game) without intercepting scouts and supply ships. i did missions only when i was close losing the game. nothing happens, no alien base. and then, really nothing happens. no more ufos are sighted. earth is safe again  ???

thanks for the hints, maybe i play the game in a year or two again and then finish it correctly...

Offline XCOMTurcocalypse

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 11:14:02 pm »
Don't shoot the alien-scouts down, let them land and build a base(in this case, the aliens must have enough interest before they want to build a base and the building scout disappears after landing). Then let all the alien-supplies travel without interception. Some weeks later, the nation where the alien base built will tell you the alien base location if its XVI is in a safe level, or if you don't have such patience, just send an interceptor to there oftenly. The alien base will then be shown on the geoscape and you will have an alien base research. Go on whatever you want then. Overkill the ufos will just send you into a dead loop.

I'm sad now. In original xcom they always set up bases secretly. XCOM 2? 2 new Alien Colonies jumping up every week.