project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Auto Mission / Stuck on City map  (Read 3244 times)

Offline GIJOE317

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Auto Mission / Stuck on City map
« on: April 28, 2011, 10:58:11 pm »
I had several back to back missions, and decided to "auto mission"
All missions were a success, but, the soldiers mission number stayed the same.

One mission was "City Map" where I could not leave the Firebird.
I luckily saved prior to landing only to have my team stuck, and I could not move.

Offline jcjordan

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Mission / Stuck on City map
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 12:23:30 am »
In this version, auto mission doesn't increase mission counts, exp, kills, etc. I'm not sure if that is changing in newer versions or not, a dev will have to say on that. On the city map problem look in the sticky post at the top of this forum for fix. It's an old problem many have had/posted about on that map.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Mission / Stuck on City map
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 01:52:51 am »
I'm actually working on some new auto mission code myself.  (You can find some discussion on it in IRC logs.)

I've been busy with other stuff for over a day, but this weekend I plan to get a substantial amount of work getting it closer to completion, if not all the way.  (Friday for me is mostly tied up.)

The new system will eventually be rather sophisticated and handle nearly any mission (including base defense, downed pilot rescue, and others), but to be honest I can't promise it will all be fully implemented in 2.4.  What I'll probably do is cut some corners here and there, leaving some fancy stuff out, for 2.4, and after 2.4 gets out the door I can develop it further, down the road.  A priority I'm making is to get a simple implementation of it working, get the bugs worked out, and then later fine-tune and add stuff.