project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Adjust alien material requirements for easy difficulty level?  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Whitecrow

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Adjust alien material requirements for easy difficulty level?
« on: November 29, 2010, 06:42:11 am »
Hey there I am wanting to play the game on easy level to start with and am finding that becuase the alien material componets are so massively high even on the easiest difficulty settings I am needing to deconstruct 11-12 undamaged harvesters for eg. just to make one small stringray intercepter?  Seems ULTRA unbalaned to me for low difficulty game and I suspect once the bigger ships arrive (which in my game I am expecting them at any time now) I am going to be EXTREMELY outgunned and underpowered even with 3 interceptor to 1 alien large ship unless I can get some researched interceptors created.  However I am almost to the stage of large ships I expect and have been mostly devoting my 6 workshops to disabling intact harvestors etc. and am still only about halfway to getting the materials for just 1 of the low end researched interceptors?  I have gone through most of the relavent ufo files with notepad but can't seem to find anywhere mensioned where item requirements (alien materials) are mensioned.  Can someone please help me find the right file and location in file to adjust the alien material components on my copy of the game please this is driving me nuts!

Offline Whitecrow

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: Adjust alien material requirements for easy difficulty level?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:43:13 am »
PS: I am not sure if I posted this in the correct section or not so my appolgise if I did not and please move to correct forum section if needed ty

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 09:16:33 am »
search in e.g. research.ufo for sections like this:

Code: [Select]
require_for_production
{
     item alienmaterials 250
}

Offline Whitecrow

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 01:08:57 pm »
Ah I see tyvm Mattn so the manufacturing requirements are listed in the research.ufo file k thanks.  I opened up most but not that one thinking it was research stuff only and not manufacturing my bad should have checked.