project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: wiki dependencies  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Punkie

• Rookie
    • View Profile
wiki dependencies
« on: November 17, 2010, 10:32:19 pm »
On compiling:
The debian and the suse wiki page each have a different (outdated) list of packages to install. The "Compile for linux" page completely ignores this problem altogether.
Maybe it could be usefull to keep 1 single list of the necessary packages which you can see on all 3 pages. Plus include version requirements. And for a different version of ufoai a different list.

The Suse list misses SDL_mixer-devel.

Fedora has no libxvidcore package, just xvidcore. The openal package is called openal-soft.

Offline bayo

• Professional loser
  • Project Coder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: wiki dependencies
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 12:54:27 am »
I think u can edit the page

Offline Mattn

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • https://github.com/mgerhardy/vengi
    • View Profile
    • Vengi Voxel Tools
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 08:11:46 am »
imo they should be removed completly (the deps) - they are in the package descriptions already. there is no need to maintain them twice.

Offline Punkie

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 12:16:36 pm »
imo they should be removed completly (the deps) - they are in the package descriptions already. there is no need to maintain them twice.

I am not talking about the dependencies on the packages that distribute ufoai. They are handled by the package managers anyway.
I was referring to the packages you need to compile the source when you take it from git. These dependencies are resolved manually afaik.

I might edit it but I dont know how to maintain one list in the wiki and to display that in a couple of pages.

Offline Punkie

• Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:44:28 am »
isnt libogg-devel  necessary?