project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Submision Orbital Activity  (Read 3602 times)

Offline mazeut

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Submision Orbital Activity
« on: November 03, 2010, 05:54:54 pm »
Use the zip not the thumbnail.  For some reason Photobucket re-sizes the image when you download from there.

Zip contains jpg and gimp file.

Offline mor2

• Squad Leader
    • View Profile
Re: Submision Orbital Activity
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 07:48:06 pm »
i like it, maybe it could shoe little bit mor space and use some details like speed estimation, trajectory, ship measurement, map scale
or more exactly some green unreadable mambo jambo around(since we cannot make it language specific) to make it look more scientific

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 11:53:58 am »
Hi Mazeut. Yeah I like the idea here and think it could work. Just a few things though:

1. We can't use readable text in the image (the red up top). If you have text, it usually needs to be small enough to be indecipherable. Check out /pics/techs/ufo_theory for an example.

2. Thanks for providing the GIMP. In the future, though, go ahead and export in PNG not JPG (and you can attach to the forums). Most of our existing techs are JPG but we prefer PNG now.

3. Try to get a little more creative with the "interface" being shown. As mor2 said, you could add some indecipherable details that are flashing up. You could also try and get more of a "screen" look out of the little box, like /pics/techs/alien_base

There are a couple more notes in the attached image.

Offline mazeut

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 11:14:50 am »
Sorry about the delay, computers dying and I'm trying to put off dealing with it until the end of the year. 

Surprisingly, despite my horrible handwriting, I had a bit of trouble making illegible text.  Tried using a nonsense font, tell me if that works.  Added some to the UI, tried not to get it to cluttered.

Offline H-Hour

• Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 12:28:28 pm »
Don't worry about the delay. We're all just volunteers here.

I like the changes you've made, especially the graph and the globe icon. You still need to try and use the darker green for consistency with other techs.

With the text, it's not that it shouldn't be words, but that it shouldn't be clear what language it is (because the game is played in lots of different translations). I think your text is small enough for that here.

And a couple notes in the attached image.