project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Windows XP 2.3 does not load and crases to desktop  (Read 2826 times)

Offline Luiz

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Windows XP 2.3 does not load and crases to desktop
« on: October 22, 2010, 11:11:16 pm »
Hi, guys.

Sorry, I'm only writing because I'm exausted. Have been the last 3 hours trying to get this game to work.

It does not load and crashes to desktop.

Updated for the last patch, log changes a bit but same result (got the last one here:  http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=2830.585).

Tried this, no result: ufo +set r_programs 0

No config.cfg nor keys.cfg in my documents and settings folder.

The ufoconsole.log contains the following:

2010/10/22 22:02:06 FS_RemoveFile: remove C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Dados de aplicativos\UFOAI/2.3/base/keys.cfg

Thanks a lot, I'm just about to give up :(

Offline geever

• Project Coder
  • PHALANX Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Windows XP 2.3 does not load and crases to desktop
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:50:50 pm »
Updated for the last patch, log changes a bit but same result (got the last one here:  http://ufoai.ninex.info/forum/index.php?topic=2830.585).

First of all: That is a third-party build. The UFOAI Team cannot guarantee that it works.

The ufoconsole.log contains the following:

2010/10/22 22:02:06 FS_RemoveFile: remove C:\Documents and Settings\Administrador\Dados de aplicativos\UFOAI/2.3/base/keys.cfg

It's not enough, that's only the cleanup. Share the full log so we can investigate.

-geever

Offline Luiz

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Re: Windows XP 2.3 does not load and crases to desktop
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 12:28:47 am »
Ahn... that's all the log contains...

Well, I'll just uninstall it all and reinstall the clean version then. Searching here in the forum I've found a few people advising to install that latest patch thus I did it.

Will post the results later; indeed the clean 2.3 install did generate a larger log file (the same crash though).

edit: oh, and thanks for now. Sorry I'm pretty tired and going to sleep  ;)