project-navigation
Personal tools

Author Topic: Music track for UFOAI  (Read 3180 times)

Offline maxstack

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
Music track for UFOAI
« on: October 17, 2010, 10:25:06 pm »
Hey guys.

Sometime ago I decided to try to make a music track for UFOAI, having in mind specifically night missions. In the process it became somewhat of a remix of the UFO1 level music. The license is CC-BY-SA 3.0.

http://sites.google.com/site/maxstack/miscellaneous/EnemyUnknown.ogg?attredirects=0&d=1

Offline Destructavator

• Combination Multiple Specialty Developer
  • Administrator
  • PHALANX Commander
  • Creater of Scorchcrafter, knows the zarakites...
    • View Profile
Re: Music track for UFOAI
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 10:49:56 pm »
I'm listening to it right now - pretty good, it does remind me a little of the original game track, though it's different enough that I wouldn't expect any copyright/usage rights issues.

I think we could certainly use something like this.

Winter, of course, would need to comment on this.

Offline Crystan

• Project Artist
  • Captain
  • UFO:AI Lead Sound Artist
    • View Profile
    • http://crysea.cr.funpic.de/
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:37:41 pm »
The first 1:30 minuts sounds a bit "dry" to me. Anyway you should replace the very low pitched saw effect that appears in the middle with a pad or a low bass and try to add a light echo and a light reverb effect to it. Well overall I like the concept but it sounds unfinished to me.

@Destruct: As far as i can tell its actually not a Remix of the UFO:EU track. The Style is just very similar. If you check Vanethians track "van_mission4" youll notice this track also heavily inspired by the original tactical music of EU.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 11:44:48 pm by Crystan »

Offline maxstack

• Cannon Fodder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 08:39:18 pm »
The first 1:30 minuts sounds a bit "dry" to me. Anyway you should replace the very low pitched saw effect that appears in the middle with a pad or a low bass and try to add a light echo and a light reverb effect to it. Well overall I like the concept but it sounds unfinished to me.

Okay,  I'll think about the beginning. Though the overall dryness is probably more intentional than not.